    Joe Pendyck Guest

    There are so many versions out there.
    Can anyone tell me which is the best?

    Joe Pendyck, Sep 8, 2003

  2. Joe Pendyck

    profft Guest

    The original

    "Joe Pendyck" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > There are so many versions out there.
    > Can anyone tell me which is the best?

    profft, Sep 8, 2003

  3. Joe Pendyck

    Ken Cobb Guest

    On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 14:20:22 -0400, Joe Pendyck <>
    wrote:

    >There are so many versions out there.
    >Can anyone tell me which is the best?

    I like the first Elite release best. Stay away (IMHO) from the
    anniversary one with new footage.

    Ken

    Ken Cobb, Sep 8, 2003
  4. Joe Pendyck

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    >I like the first Elite release best. Stay away (IMHO) from the
    >anniversary one with new footage.

    The presentation of the film itself on Elite's original disc hasn't been
    challenged by any DVD as of yet, but Elite's newer "Millennium Edition"
    features the same transfer and soundtrack, a new 5.1 soundtrack (for what it's
    worth) and more extras. Either of the two Elite editions will do if all you
    care about is the film itself, but at this point the "Millennium" disc should
    be more plentiful because it replaced the earlier disc. It's definitely the
    one to look for. The cover features a tombstone with the title on it and it
    comes in a red keepcase. The red case should make it easy to spot in any
    retailer's "NotLD" section.
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    CLOSEDOWN8, Sep 8, 2003
  5. Joe Pendyck

    ML-78 Guest

    ML-78, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Joe Pendyck

    Eric R. Guest

    Ken Cobb <> wrote in message

    > I like the first Elite release best. Stay away (IMHO) from the
    > anniversary one with new footage.

    I second that! The original Elite is best (it's the THX version with
    the 2 commentaries).

    -Eric

    Eric R., Sep 8, 2003
  7. How is it better than the Millennium Edition?

    Mike

    Michael Rogers, Sep 8, 2003
  8. Joe Pendyck

    Joe Pendyck Guest

    Joe Pendyck, Sep 9, 2003
  9. Joe Pendyck

    CLOSEDOWN8 Guest

    >How is it better than the Millennium Edition?

    Yeah, really. The only thing that didn't make the jump from Elite's first disc
    to their "Millennium Edition" was the restoration fakeout clip, where a
    crappy-looking version of the opening sequence plays and then turns into the
    restored version. Other than that, every extra feature from Elite's first disc
    is on the "Millennium Edition", along with a new 5.1 track and more extras.
    Unless you really love that restoration fakeout, there's really no reason to
    pick Elite's first disc over their updated "Millennium Edition".
    --------------------------------
    "That's the worst reverse-acting I've ever seen!" -Sam Raimi

    CLOSEDOWN8, Sep 9, 2003
  10. Joe Pendyck

    Writer R5 Guest

    >There are so many versions out there.
    >Can anyone tell me which is the best?

    The Elite Entertainment Millennium Edition is the best.

    Mark
    GENRE ONLINE.NET: The Web Resource For Home Video Entertainment & More
    http://www.genreonline.net
    Mark A. Rivera - Writer/Reviewer/Editor/Webmaster

    Writer R5, Sep 9, 2003
  11. Joe Pendyck

    WinningerR Guest

    Wasn't there a new version of DAWN OF THE DEAD due soon?

    WinningerR, Sep 11, 2003
  12. Joe Pendyck

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    (WinningerR) wrote:

    > Wasn't there a new version of DAWN OF THE DEAD due soon?

    Yes. Anchor Bay is working on a 3 disc version. Should be out sometime
    next year.
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Sep 13, 2003
  13. "WinningerR" <> wrote in message
    > Wasn't there a new version of DAWN OF THE DEAD due soon?

    Yes, Anchor Bay plans on releasing it sometime next year - April seems to
    come to mind, but I can't confirm it because the part of Anchor Bay's
    website that gives the date for it isn't working right now for some reason.
    Also in the spring of 2004 we should see the remake of Dawn of the Dead
    (George has nothing to do with this one, it is produced by Richard
    Rubenstein but directed by James Gunn, writer of Scooby Doo 1 & 2) and will
    be feature well known stars Ving Rhames and Sarah Polley.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/

    Here's a review of the script by AICN .
    http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=13363

    Nothing, however, can truly replace the original...

    Joseph S. Powell, III, Sep 24, 2003
  14. Joe Pendyck

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <>,
    "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote:

    > Also in the spring of 2004 we should see the remake of Dawn of the Dead
    > (George has nothing to do with this one, it is produced by Richard
    > Rubenstein but directed by James Gunn, writer of Scooby Doo 1 & 2) and will
    > be feature well known stars Ving Rhames and Sarah Polley.
    > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/

    Just for the record, it's rumored that this movie is going to be rated
    PG-13. A scary prospect indeed. Sometimes remakes can be really good,
    but I think I'm going to stay away from this one. Looks like a stinker.
    --
    BL

    Black Locust, Sep 25, 2003
  15. Black Locust <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > In article <>,
    > "Joseph S. Powell, III" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Also in the spring of 2004 we should see the remake of Dawn of the Dead
    > > (George has nothing to do with this one, it is produced by Richard
    > > Rubenstein but directed by James Gunn, writer of Scooby Doo 1 & 2) and will
    > > be feature well known stars Ving Rhames and Sarah Polley.
    > > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0363547/

    > Just for the record, it's rumored that this movie is going to be rated
    > PG-13. A scary prospect indeed. Sometimes remakes can be really good,
    > but I think I'm going to stay away from this one. Looks like a stinker.

    This was a false rumour debunked by James Gunn himself. The new Dawn
    of the Dead is going to be R, period.

    MV.

    Master Volume, Sep 26, 2003