    Hi guys, sorry to bring up this discussion again

    but which monitor has the best general performance, LCD or TFT ?

    ie, for non serious gaming, internet, ...

    David Butler, Apr 13, 2005

  2. David Butler

    Thor Guest

    David Butler wrote:

    > Hi guys, sorry to bring up this discussion again
    >
    > but which monitor has the best general performance, LCD or TFT ?
    >
    > ie, for non serious gaming, internet, ...

    The best you can afford.

    --
    *~~~~~~~~~~Thor

    Thor, Apr 13, 2005

  3. David Butler

    maz Guest

    I believe these days LCD are best, and healther.

    maz, Apr 13, 2005
  4. David Butler

    Dorado Guest

    David Butler wrote:
    > Hi guys, sorry to bring up this discussion again
    >
    > but which monitor has the best general performance, LCD or TFT ?
    >
    > ie, for non serious gaming, internet, ...

    Don't u mean LCD vs CRT?
    TFT is just Active Matrix LCD screens...

    Dorado, Apr 13, 2005
  5. David Butler

    CSE Guest

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:08:46 +1200, Thor <> wrote:

    >David Butler wrote:
    >
    >> Hi guys, sorry to bring up this discussion again
    >>
    >> but which monitor has the best general performance, LCD or TFT ?
    >>
    >> ie, for non serious gaming, internet, ...

    >The best you can afford.

    LCD is a generic name, and does not mean a thing to day as its a out of date
    statement

    Do some searches on Google..

    CSE, Apr 13, 2005
  6. David Butler

    CSE Guest

    On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:55:12 +1200, "Dorado" <> wrote:

    >David Butler wrote:
    >> Hi guys, sorry to bring up this discussion again
    >>
    >> but which monitor has the best general performance, LCD or TFT ?
    >>
    >> ie, for non serious gaming, internet, ...

    >Don't u mean LCD vs CRT?
    >TFT is just Active Matrix LCD screens...

    He is getting confused with a general name given to LCD Screens, must now are
    TFT = Thin-film transistor liquid crystal display..

    But there some 4 types I think of LCD Screens..

    CSE, Apr 13, 2005
  7. David Butler

    Jedmeister Guest

    "CSE" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:08:46 +1200, Thor <> wrote:
    >
    >>David Butler wrote:
    >>
    >>> Hi guys, sorry to bring up this discussion again
    >>>
    >>> but which monitor has the best general performance, LCD or TFT ?
    >>>
    >>> ie, for non serious gaming, internet, ...

    >>The best you can afford.

    > LCD is a generic name, and does not mean a thing to day as its a out of
    > date
    > statement

    So, LCD does not mean a thin screen thingy anymore?

    Jedmeister, Apr 13, 2005
  8. David Butler <> wrote:

    > Hi guys, sorry to bring up this discussion again
    >
    > but which monitor has the best general performance, LCD or TFT ?
    >
    > ie, for non serious gaming, internet, ...

    Apple makes some truly beautiful 20", 23" and 30" LCD displays. I'm not
    sure if the 30" display works with PCs yet (requires special duel
    Nividia card), but the 20" and 23" sure will. I belive La Cie's CRT
    displays are also very nice, but I have not personally used them much.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Apr 13, 2005
  9. David Butler

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Jedmeister wrote:
    > "CSE" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 21:08:46 +1200, Thor <>
    >> wrote:

    >>> The best you can afford.

    >> LCD is a generic name, and does not mean a thing to day as its a
    >> out of date
    >> statement
    >>

    > So, LCD does not mean a thin screen thingy anymore?

    Uhhh, LCD = Liquid Crystal Display. TFT = Thin-Film Technology, used to have
    "Active" or "Passive" in front of it, a type of LCD.

    It's no more a "generic" name than CRT is. IOW of course it's a generic name
    you old fart. It's a type of display. A CRT can be flatscreen ot Trinitron
    but it's still a CRT. Modern thin displays are still LCDs (Unless they're
    plasma. <g>)

    "Car" is a generic name too. However it still means something, it's not
    out-of-date.

    Ahhhh, talking to woger is like banging your head against a wall. It feels
    good when you stop.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Apr 14, 2005