    if posible with the "modem autoconfigure discovery" command

    thanks for your advise
    Andree

    Andree Toonk, Nov 10, 2003

  2. Hi,

    Maybe the aux-connection is not such a good idea. It works with pretty much
    any descent external modem but every byte in/out on the aux port generates
    interrupts and will put extra load onto the routers cpu. You're probably
    better of using a WIC-1AM (which is a analog modem you can put into the WIC
    slots). There are cards with 1 and 2 modems on it (WIC-1AM and WIC-2AM).
    With this you also don't have to provide additional cabling and power
    supplies because the cards intergrate into the router, you only need the
    pots-lines.

    Erik

    Erik Tamminga, Nov 11, 2003

  3. I haven't come across an external modem that WON'T work for
    this in quite a long time.

    Aaron

    ---

    ~ Hello everyone,