    Kodak paper? I plan on having them devloped at my local Sams Club.
    (.20 per pic) Should I be capturing at the max rez or use the one
    below it (3:2 mode)?
    John, Dec 26, 2003

  2. John

    Seymore Guest

    Always shoot at the highest res you can... ALWAYS!

    Seymore...
    Owner of an S85... and luvin' it!
    www.SonyCams.com

    Seymore, Dec 26, 2003

  3. John

    Steven Wandy Guest

    even though you THINK you only want 4x6 you can never tell down the road if
    you want larger prints or want to do some cropping of the original images.
    You can never have too many pixels - just too little!

    Steven Wandy, Dec 26, 2003
  4. John

    stanb Guest

    If you know you are going to print to 6*4 then there is no harm in shooting
    to 3:2 ratio It is the same width as the normal 4:3 ratio, so you dont loose
    any resolution, you just dont have quite the vertical real estate. The
    advantage is you will have true borderless prints; If you print 4:3 ratio
    prints on 6*4 then you either loose a little top and bottom, or have
    unprinted borders either side.

    The alternative is to shoot using 4:3 (max resoloution) and recrop to your
    prefered print size later - unfortunatley photo sizes do not have a standard
    aspect ratio: 6*4 (=3:2), 5*7, 8*10 (4:5) etc so this is probably the best
    option if you are happy doing some post processing....

    stanb, Dec 26, 2003
  5. John

    John Guest

    I know about capturing at max rez..... my choices (for max rez) are
    2560x1920 or 2560(3:2). Of those 2, which should I pick for printing
    to 4x6 pictures?

    If I go with one or the other of those 2, will they both be
    proportionate when printing to 4x6 pics?

    Thanks!

    John, Dec 26, 2003
  6. (John) writes:

    > I know about capturing at max rez..... my choices (for max rez) are
    > 2560x1920 or 2560(3:2). Of those 2, which should I pick for printing
    > to 4x6 pictures?
    >
    > If I go with one or the other of those 2, will they both be
    > proportionate when printing to 4x6 pics?

    If you don't want to crop the pictures manually after you take the picture, go
    with the 3:2 format, which allows you to compose in the camera and have the
    right aspect for 4x6 (or 8x12 for that matter) prints. Obviously if you want
    to print at 8x10 or 5x7 you will have to recrop (or the printer will recrop or
    print white borders).

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: