    fail to see why anyone would like it.

    My favourite video player:

    Zoom Player

    GraB, Nov 18, 2004

  2. GraB

    Ferg Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message

    > Been reading people's comments to the above story, most seem to prefer
    > Media Player. I use Media Player 6.4 for AVI and MPEG clips but Zoom
    > Player for DivX-encoded movies for which I think it can't be beaten.
    > I had a try of Media Player 9 (98SE) but that was gone in a day. I
    > fail to see why anyone would like it.
    >
    > My favourite video player:
    >
    > Zoom Player

    I use Media Player 10 for most things. If that doesn't work... say if I want
    to play a partially downloaded avi file, I use VideoLan.

    Ferg

    Ferg, Nov 18, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 18, 2004
  4. GraB <> wrote:

    > Been reading people's comments to the above story, most seem to prefer
    > Media Player. I use Media Player 6.4 for AVI and MPEG clips but Zoom
    > Player for DivX-encoded movies for which I think it can't be beaten.
    > I had a try of Media Player 9 (98SE) but that was gone in a day. I
    > fail to see why anyone would like it.
    >
    > My favourite video player:
    >
    > Zoom Player

    Quicktime. Easily (and because it's easy in QT). Of course I prefer to
    do this on a decent OS for a start, but if I'm forced to use Winblows
    then yeah, QT by a mile. It's streaming and playback software are both
    great.

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Nov 18, 2004
  5. Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > Quicktime. Easily (and because it's easy in QT). Of course I prefer to
    > do this on a decent OS for a start, but if I'm forced to use Winblows
    > then yeah, QT by a mile. It's streaming and playback software are both
    > great.

    so whats limiting QT use to Windows?
    Who is forcing you to use it?

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 18, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz <> wrote:

    > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > Quicktime. Easily (and because it's easy in QT). Of course I prefer to
    > > do this on a decent OS for a start, but if I'm forced to use Winblows
    > > then yeah, QT by a mile. It's streaming and playback software are both
    > > great.

    > so whats limiting QT use to Windows?
    > Who is forcing you to use it?

    Work now and again. If only I had enough sick days left to rid myself of
    those days :)

    Regards,
    Jamie Kahn Genet

    Jamie Kahn Genet, Nov 19, 2004
  7. GraB

    Dave Taylor Guest

    GraB <> wrote in

    > Been reading people's comments to the above story, most seem to prefer
    > Media Player. I use Media Player 6.4 for AVI and MPEG clips but Zoom
    > Player for DivX-encoded movies for which I think it can't be beaten.
    > I had a try of Media Player 9 (98SE) but that was gone in a day. I
    > fail to see why anyone would like it.
    >
    > My favourite video player:
    >
    > Zoom Player

    Media Player Classic.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/guliverkli/
    The only draw back I can find is that if you are using UltraVNC, the
    video does not play properly on the remote PC session, switch to MS Media
    Player and it does, must be a video hook issue of some sort. I guess it
    is probably fixable with a tweak of some sort to MPC settings.
    My favorite features of MPC are the delay audio to fix up sync issues and
    also the selective resizing to fix stretched heads.

    --
    Ciao, Dave

    Dave Taylor, Nov 19, 2004
  8. Hi there,

    GraB wrote:

    > Been reading people's comments to the above story, most seem to prefer
    > Media Player. I use Media Player 6.4 for AVI and MPEG clips but Zoom
    > Player for DivX-encoded movies for which I think it can't be beaten.
    > I had a try of Media Player 9 (98SE) but that was gone in a day. I
    > fail to see why anyone would like it.
    >
    > My favourite video player:

    Xine on Linux. Mplayer on linux also is nice, both can use generically
    installed Win32 DLL's to playback Quicktime 6, WMV, etc...RealVideo
    is taken care of with native linux libs from Real. Xine also allows
    region-free DVD playback even on RPC-2 drives...I'm hoping to try VLC
    soon since reports mention its pretty good...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Nov 23, 2004
  9. GraB

    Brendan Guest

    On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:00:18 +1300, Chris Wilkinson wrote:

    > I'm hoping to try VLC
    > soon since reports mention its pretty good...

    Yeah, it's pretty good especially if you are doing streaming or playing a
    corrupted file.

    I normally use bsplayer on windows though. If you download klmcodec103.exe
    or later you get a heap of codecs (windows) and bsplayer. Just make sure
    you turn that on in the installer options. Also install the matrix mixer
    (and the ac3 one forget the name).

    Matrix mixer allows you to up-mix or down-mix audio streams. e.g. turn
    stereo into 5.1 channel or 1 channel. Does a reasonable job I think. Plays
    mp3's quite nicely.

    --

    .... Brendan

    "The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -- Terry Pratchett

    Note: All my comments are copyright 24/11/2004 10:54:26 a.m. and are opinion only where not otherwise stated and always "to the best of my recollection". www.computerman.orcon.net.nz.

    Brendan, Nov 23, 2004