    to ...\Mail\mail.isp-1.net . I can see the local folders now, but
    Mozilla continually posts a password failure message for the mail account.

    How can I fix that and keep my Local Folders, etc? TIA
    Stubby, May 31, 2005

  2. Stubby

    Doug G Guest

    Stubby wrote:
    > I reconstructed my Mozilla 1.7.3 profile manually. Part of this was
    > recovering my Local Folders. I found this in ...\Mail\mail.isp.net .
    > But there was also a ...\Mail\mail.isp-1.net . I tried deleting
    > the latter and editing prefs.js to change all the references to the
    > file without the "-1". Mozilla insisted on recreating the files WITH
    > the "-1".
    >
    > Not wanting a fight, I copied the contents of the ...\Mail\mail.isp.net
    > to ...\Mail\mail.isp-1.net . I can see the local folders now, but
    > Mozilla continually posts a password failure message for the mail account.
    >
    > How can I fix that and keep my Local Folders, etc? TIA

    The first mail account created that uses the isp.net server will use the
    Mail\mail.isp.net folder. The second mail account created will use the
    Mail\mail.isp-1.net folder and so on. Mail folders for any accounts you
    later remove will remain on your hard drive.

    Try removing all of the mail server's passwords from 1.7.3's Password
    manager and then restarting the program.

    Or ...
    1. Close Mozilla 1.7.3.
    2. Open 1.7.3's Profile Manager.
    3. Delete the malfunctioning profile but not its files.
    4. Create a new profile and its accounts.
    5. Close the program and transfer the mail files from the old to the new
    profile's Mail folder.
    6. When everything is working correctly, delete the old profile's folders.

    Think about upgrading to Mozilla 1.7.8.
    Doug G, May 31, 2005