Which JAVA programming certification is most popular with Employers??

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by msWebGeek, Aug 16, 2003.

  1. msWebGeek

    msWebGeek Guest

    Hello,

    I am a student taking JAVA 2 programming and concepts (a 3-month
    detailed on-hands class)...

    I am planning to take the JAVA 2 programming certification exam upon
    completion, and I want to get a headstart on preparing for the exam...

    However, I need some insight on the best one to take...

    There are three I've seen on the Internet: CX-310-035, CX-310-025, and
    CX-310-036..

    Also, there appears to be differenct versions of each one of these
    exams..

    My questions are:

    1) Which certification is more popular with the employers? (note: I am
    thinking about 310-025, but I seen referenced to it being old and/or no
    longer given)

    2) I am looking at several study guides:

    for the 310-025 exam; the book 'Sun Certified Programmer for Java 2
    Study Guide (Exam 310-025)',ISBN 0072132086.
    for the 310-035 exam; the book 'Sun Sun Certified Programmer &
    Developer for Java 2 Study Guide (Exam 310-035 & 310-027)'ISBN
    0072226846.

    Any suggestions that you can give will be greatly appreciated!

    Thanks!
    msWebGeek

    :rolleyes:

    ---
    Sign up to get free daily practice questions at: http://www.QoD.US/i-54.htm
    View this thread: http://www.examnotes.net/article1019528.html
    msWebGeek------------------------------------------------------------------------
    msWebGeek's Profile: http://www.examnotes.net/forums/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=200202

    msWebGeek, Aug 16, 2003

  2. msWebGeek

    JJG Guest

    Why?? In what way??

    the microsoft
    >exams except for the programmers exam, you may be in

    for a bit of a

    -------------------------

    JJG, Aug 16, 2003

  3. msWebGeek

    Chak Guest

    Here is the site address:
    http://suned.sun.com/US/certification/java/index.html

    You should take CX-310-035 (this is latest for
    JDK 1.4)

    CX-310-025 is if you want to take only with JDK 1.2
    version ( I suggest you should take lates version)
    CX-310-036 is not for you.

    Hope this helps
    Chak.

    Chak, Sep 1, 2003