Which is the better Jetstream ISP?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Paul, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Hi

    I'm weighing up the options. Currently a paradise JetStart user and
    want to change up to a Flatrate 256kb plan.

    Paradise charges $20 for JetStream access.
    Orcon $9.95 if you've got tolls with Telecom.
    Xtra $10 if you've got tolls with Telecom.

    I'm in an area not available for Jetstream resale, i.e. Christchurch,
    so I can't get a cheaper rate from Paradise.

    Paradise give you 6 mailboxes, 24hr helpdesk & a static IP for the
    $20.

    So whats the advantage of other ISPs?

    Cheers
    Paul

    Paul, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Paul wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm weighing up the options. Currently a paradise JetStart user and
    > want to change up to a Flatrate 256kb plan.
    >
    > Paradise charges $20 for JetStream access.
    > Orcon $9.95 if you've got tolls with Telecom.
    > Xtra $10 if you've got tolls with Telecom.
    >
    > I'm in an area not available for Jetstream resale, i.e. Christchurch,
    > so I can't get a cheaper rate from Paradise.
    >
    > Paradise give you 6 mailboxes, 24hr helpdesk & a static IP for the
    > $20.
    >
    > So whats the advantage of other ISPs?
    >
    > Cheers
    > Paul

    Or we could just forget I asked.....

    Paul, Sep 2, 2004

  3. Paul wrote:
    >> So whats the advantage of other ISPs?

    > Or we could just forget I asked.....

    they're all practically the same.
    personally, I'd go with Orcon, as they seem to be more in touch with
    most things.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Sep 2, 2004
  4. Paul

    Paul Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Paul wrote:
    >
    >>> So whats the advantage of other ISPs?

    >> Or we could just forget I asked.....

    > they're all practically the same.
    > personally, I'd go with Orcon, as they seem to be more in touch with
    > most things.

    Thanks Dave

    Paul, Sep 6, 2004
  5. Paul wrote:

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> Or we could just forget I asked.....

    >> they're all practically the same.
    >> personally, I'd go with Orcon, as they seem to be more in touch with
    >> most things.
    >>

    > Thanks Dave

    no worries.

    incidentally, they have just got a heap more customers(~10k) from
    another VISP, so they may be a little busier than they usually would be
    until the new CSRs are trained. :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz