    that will last endlessly.

    I find Nokia handsets unbeatable for that reason. How are the other in
    terms of long life to be honest I have not used others much.
    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 24, 2010

  2. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    On 24/12/2010 09:16, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    > I have seen
    >
    > 1. Nokia
    > 2. Dell
    > 3. Samsung
    > 4. Apple
    >
    > Having cost effective mobile solutions in the market. I want something
    > that will last endlessly.

    Prepare to be well disappointed.
    Desk Rabbit, Dec 24, 2010

  3. On 12/24/2010 2:46 PM, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    > I have seen
    >
    > 1. Nokia
    > 2. Dell
    > 3. Samsung
    > 4. Apple

    5. HTC

    I found this http://www.gsmarena.com/

    They have pretty good detailed research on this one

    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 24, 2010
  4. Ganesh J. Acharya

    G. Morgan Guest

    "Ganesh J. Acharya"
    <> wrote:

    >I have seen
    >
    >1. Nokia
    >2. Dell
    >3. Samsung
    >4. Apple
    >
    >Having cost effective mobile solutions in the market. I want something
    >that will last endlessly.
    >
    >I find Nokia handsets unbeatable for that reason. How are the other in
    >terms of long life to be honest I have not used others much.

    Get an Win7 Mobile device or an Android device.

    I run Win 6.5 mobile on my smart phone, and never once ran into a
    problem where I had to "lookup" the answer.

    I can surf @2-4MBP/s if need be (on T-Mobile's net) and it's easy.
    - ICS is built-in, unlike the competitors who make you pay a 3rd
    party developer.
    G. Morgan, Dec 24, 2010
  5. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 04:44:24 -0500, Big Steel wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:16:12 +0000 (UTC), "Ganesh J. Acharya"
    > <> wrote:
    >> I have seen

    >> 1. Nokia
    >> 2. Dell
    >> 3. Samsung
    >> 4. Apple

    >> Having cost effective mobile solutions in the market. I want

    > something
    >> that will last endlessly.

    >> I find Nokia handsets unbeatable for that reason. How are the other

    > in
    >> terms of long life to be honest I have not used others much.

    > HTC
    >
    > http://www.mobileburn.com/chtml/definition.jsp?term=HTC
    >
    > I have a Droid by HTC.

    My two lads- 16 and 12- have got HTC phones over the last couple of days.
    The elder one got a 'Desire' and the younger one the 'Wildfire' model.
    Luckily they didn't cost us a penny, as they were the regular annual
    upgrade that come with the contracts.

    Aardvark, Dec 24, 2010
  6. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:56:14 +0000, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

    > SNIP

    You could very easily have asked all your questions in one single post,
    as they were all roughly connected. Why make three separate posts?

    Aardvark, Dec 24, 2010
  7. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:16:12 +0000, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:

    > I have seen
    >
    > 1. Nokia
    > 2. Dell
    > 3. Samsung
    > 4. Apple
    >
    > Having cost effective mobile solutions in the market. I want something
    > that will last endlessly.
    >
    > I find Nokia handsets unbeatable for that reason. How are the other in
    > terms of long life to be honest I have not used others much.

    **** off and die, dimwit.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as Piglet refused to give him some Pooh-tang.
    Dan C, Dec 24, 2010
  8. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:08:30 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:16:12 +0000, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    >
    >> I have seen
    >>
    >> 1. Nokia
    >> 2. Dell
    >> 3. Samsung
    >> 4. Apple
    >>
    >> Having cost effective mobile solutions in the market. I want something
    >> that will last endlessly.
    >>
    >> I find Nokia handsets unbeatable for that reason. How are the other in
    >> terms of long life to be honest I have not used others much.

    > **** off and die, dimwit.

    Having a bad holiday? Give it a break.

    Meat Plow, Dec 24, 2010
  9. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Dan C Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:12:20 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:08:30 +0000, Dan C wrote:
    >
    >> On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:16:12 +0000, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have seen
    >>>
    >>> 1. Nokia
    >>> 2. Dell
    >>> 3. Samsung
    >>> 4. Apple
    >>>
    >>> Having cost effective mobile solutions in the market. I want something
    >>> that will last endlessly.
    >>>
    >>> I find Nokia handsets unbeatable for that reason. How are the other in
    >>> terms of long life to be honest I have not used others much.

    >> **** off and die, dimwit.

    > Having a bad holiday? Give it a break.

    No, having a great holiday. Bugger off.

    "Bother!" said Pooh, as he stepped into the acceleration chamber.
    Dan C, Dec 24, 2010
  10. Ganesh J. Acharya

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 23:00:01 +0000, Dan C wrote:

    > On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 19:12:20 +0000, Meat Plow wrote:

    >>> **** off and die, dimwit.

    >> Having a bad holiday? Give it a break.

    > Not having a great holiday. Bugger off.

    Fixed your typo.

    Meat Plow, Dec 24, 2010
  11. Ganesh J. Acharya

    XS11E Guest

    "Ganesh J. Acharya"
    <> wrote:

    > I have seen
    >
    > 1. Nokia
    > 2. Dell
    > 3. Samsung
    > 4. Apple
    >
    > Having cost effective mobile solutions in the market. I want
    > something that will last endlessly.

    I prefer HTC or Blackberry.

    > I find Nokia handsets unbeatable for that reason. How are the
    > other in terms of long life to be honest I have not used others
    > much.

    Nokia? You're probably the only one with that opinion.

    There is currently a major upgrading of technology and any mobile
    device will remain current for only a very short time.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Dec 26, 2010
  12. On 12/26/2010 11:47 PM, XS11E wrote:
    > "Ganesh J. Acharya"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have seen
    >>
    >> 1. Nokia
    >> 2. Dell
    >> 3. Samsung
    >> 4. Apple
    >>
    >> Having cost effective mobile solutions in the market. I want
    >> something that will last endlessly.

    > I prefer HTC or Blackberry.
    >
    >> I find Nokia handsets unbeatable for that reason. How are the
    >> other in terms of long life to be honest I have not used others
    >> much.

    > Nokia? You're probably the only one with that opinion.
    >
    > There is currently a major upgrading of technology and any mobile
    > device will remain current for only a very short time.

    Shouldn't there be something that can be upgraded?

    I finally brought a Dell streak, I found it perfectly to the size I
    wanted it, "5 inch".
    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 27, 2010
  13. On 12/25/2010 12:38 AM, Dan C wrote:
    > On Fri, 24 Dec 2010 09:16:12 +0000, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
    >
    >> I have seen
    >>
    >> 1. Nokia
    >> 2. Dell
    >> 3. Samsung
    >> 4. Apple
    >>
    >> Having cost effective mobile solutions in the market. I want something
    >> that will last endlessly.
    >>
    >> I find Nokia handsets unbeatable for that reason. How are the other in
    >> terms of long life to be honest I have not used others much.

    > **** off and die, dimwit.

    When I die you will be dead along with me :)

    After I am dead how am I to know you are alive?

    Using such a language you are not hurting me but you are hurting your
    own reputation amongst others who are wiser.
    Ganesh J. Acharya, Dec 27, 2010
  14. Ganesh J. Acharya

    XS11E Guest

    "Ganesh J. Acharya"
    <> wrote:

    > On 12/26/2010 11:47 PM, XS11E wrote:
    >> There is currently a major upgrading of technology and any mobile
    >> device will remain current for only a very short time.
    >>

    > Shouldn't there be something that can be upgraded?

    Not possible, prices are so low that replacement is a viable option and
    tech is advancing so fast the upgrades just can't be done. For
    example, look at PCs. Advanced in CPUs require new motherboards to
    handle the new pin layouts, new motherboards require new memory as the
    older, slower memory won't work in the new MB, hard drives have gone
    from PATA to SATA. It's far cheaper to replace a PC than to try to
    upgrade one that's a few years old.

    Recognizing this, manufacturers aren't much bothered with making
    products upgradeable other than software versions.

    The Usenet Improvement Project:
    XS11E, Dec 27, 2010