    mine at >> WPA Alogorithms >>> TKIP or AES

    If it matter I am using xp pro sp2 with cable net connection

    Thanks

    Johnnyboy, Apr 17, 2008

  2. WPA2 is more secure. TRIP and AES are two methods that can be used by the
    802.11i standard and combines two techniques. I beleive AES is
    a higher level of security compared to the more widely deployed TKIP
    encryption. This search result may help.

    Wireless Security OptionsWireless Security Options. When setup wireless
    security, you may have many options. The below lists the wireless from the
    weakest to the strongest ...
    www.howtonetworking.com/wireless/wirelesssecurityoptions.htm

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L. \(MS-MVP\), Apr 17, 2008

  3. Johnnyboy

    Johnnyboy Guest

    Thanks . I appreciated .

    Johnnyboy, Apr 18, 2008
  4. Hi
    From the weakest to the strongest, Wireless security capacity is.
    No Security
    WEP64____(Easy, to "Brake" by knowledgeable people).
    WPA-PSK__(Very Hard to Brake ).
    WPA-AES__(Not functionally Breakable)
    WPA2____ (Not functionally Breakable).
    your Wireless hardware.
    phrase.
    of one of the Wireless devices.
    device with a better one.
    http://www.ezlan.net/wpa_wep.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 18, 2008
  5. Johnnyboy

    John Guest

    I wonder how many times you've used this template (or copy/paste)
    :)

    John, Apr 18, 2008
  6. Johnnyboy

    James Egan Guest

    On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 17:04:09 -0700, "John" <a> wrote:

    >I wonder how many times you've used this template (or copy/paste)
    >:)

    Old habits are hard to break. Or is that brake?...lol

    Jim.

    James Egan, Apr 18, 2008
  7. Johnnyboy

    smlunatick Guest

    Seen this "dozen" of times and the wireless (WiFi) security has not have any
    newel security level yet!

    Unfortunately, spelling still has problems.

    smlunatick, Apr 21, 2008