    I just passed the 70-272 today with a 892 (first MS exam, boy was I
    nervous!) I plan to take 70-271 in 3-4 weeks. For those that have gone
    before me, which was more difficult? Thanks!

    Wendy, Oct 8, 2004

  2. Wendy

    Guest Guest

    what study guide did u use?

    Guest, Oct 9, 2004

  3. Wendy

    Wendy Guest

    I used teh Microsoft Press training kit book and the official course book.
    That is combined with my 2 years of PC Tech experience.

    Wendy, Oct 9, 2004
  4. Wendy

    Jerz Guest

    I thought 70-271 was a little more difficult but I really didn't study for
    that one. I scored in the 900's on 272 and 800's on 271

    Jerz

    Jerz, Oct 11, 2004
  5. Wendy

    Jason Guest

    Depends on where your strengths are. For example, in the A+ cert there is a
    hardware and a software side to the cert. If you are stronger in hardware
    then the software will be more difficult, and vice versa. The MCDST exams
    (271 and 272) each test different areas. Look at the skills being measured
    on their website at:

    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcdst/default.asp

    Whichever skill sets you are less comfortable will determine which exam will
    be harder for you. Good luck.

    Jason
    MCDST, Security+, Net+, A+

    Jason, Oct 12, 2004
  6. Wendy

    Mfanclub Guest

    Thanks for all your help, I passed the 70-271 today with a 881, not great
    but respectable. Just for the record and future readers, I felt this was
    more difficult than the 272. Do I need to submit for another welcome kit for
    getting the MCDST? I got one for the first test as a MCP, and when I go to
    the website it says the most recent one has been sent (is that the MCP?). I
    am amazed that today's test is already on my transcript.

    Mfanclub, Nov 14, 2004
  7. Wendy

    SJ Guest

    Congratulations! 881 is a good score, but really the score doesn't
    matter - passing does. As the old joke goes "What do they call the
    medical doctor student that graduates last in his class?" "Doctor!"

    Yes, after each certification, you need to submit for another welcome
    kit. Once for MCP, then MCDST, then MCSA, then MCSE... Since it's
    not showing up yet, you may like to wait until you get the email
    before requesting the MCDST welcome kit.

    sj
    www.certquest.net

    SJ, Nov 14, 2004
  8. Wendy

    Mfanclub Guest

    Thank you SJ, i went back to the website this morning and it was there to
    verify. My charter MCDST should be on its way soon! ;-}

    Mfanclub, Nov 14, 2004