    genuine Intel motherboard.

    Any advice would be great.

    Gary

    Gary, Sep 30, 2004

  2. Gary

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in
    news:eek:_J6d.642$:

    > I'm under the impression it's the AMD but someone (who knows nothing)
    > told me the P4 is the better. So I just need to check.

    Nothing but Intel markteting there. Generally a xxxx+ performs on par with
    a x.xghz P4. As in, an XP 2400+ ~= a P4 2.4ghz. Usually AMD chips can
    give the same performance for 66% - 75% of the clock speed, in this case
    that 2400+ will run circles around the P4.

    --
    website: http://www.demonlag.com
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk

    DeMoN LaG, Sep 30, 2004

  3. Gary

    Matt Pascoe Guest

    The AMD 2400+ will out perform the P4 1.8Ghz chip and is by far your best
    bet.

    Matt Pascoe, Sep 30, 2004
  4. Gary

    Lloyd Jones Guest

    I've got AMD 2400+ and am very happy with it's performance.

    Didn't cost me a penny either. (No I didn't nick it my brother give it to
    me)

    LJ

    Lloyd Jones, Sep 30, 2004
  5. Gary

    Gary Guest

    What is 'clock speed'?

    Gary, Sep 30, 2004
  6. Gary

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Gary" <> wrote in news:LlY6d.226$8q.110@newsfe3-
    win.ntli.net:

    > What is 'clock speed'?

    How many cycles a CPU does in 1 second, as in, 800mhz, 1.6 ghz, etc.

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 1, 2004
  7. Gary

    ProfGene Guest

    The Athlon chip ought to be faster if speed is what you want. As far as
    performance in general the two chips both perform well but each does better
    on particular tasks.

    ProfGene, Oct 1, 2004