    Which is best FREE .avi player?
    Thanks
    Arawak

    Arawak, Aug 21, 2004

  2. Arawak

    Ionizer Guest

    "Arawak" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Which is best FREE .avi player?
    > Thanks
    > Arawak

    Windows Media Player is just fine, really. With the right codec(s)
    installed, it can easily handle virtually any avi file. On the very rare
    occasion that WMP has a problem with an avi file (it's happened to me
    twice) I've used BSPlayer instead: http://www.bsplayer.org/

    Are you having problems with a particular avi file?

    --
    Ian.

    Ionizer, Aug 21, 2004

  3. Arawak

    Morgan Pugh Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:40:33 -0700, Arawak <> wrote:

    >Which is best FREE .avi player?
    >Thanks
    >Arawak

    Media Player Classic is a great freeware media player. I would also
    suggest FFDShow Alpha (a playback filter which is much better than
    installing lots of individual codecs).

    Morgan Pugh, Aug 21, 2004
  4. Arawak

    sethra Guest

    Arawak <> wrote in

    > Which is best FREE .avi player?
    > Thanks
    > Arawak

    VLC Player:

    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    Easy to use, will play anything provided the correct codecs are installed,
    and no DRM/spyware baggage.

    Cheers,
    ~sethra

    sethra, Aug 22, 2004
  5. Arawak

    moonnight

    Joined:
    Oct 16, 2013
    Messages:
    2
    I collect some quality AVI players, :congrats:

    For Windows users: GOM player, KMPlayer, BS.Player, etc.
    For Mac users: VLC Media Player, MPlayerOSX, etc.

    Here is the list for all top AVI players, learn more from aimersoft.com

    moonnight, Oct 16, 2013