Which Internet recording software?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Sigi Rindler, Mar 22, 2006.

  1. Sigi Rindler

    Sigi Rindler Guest

    I like to listen to various radio stations around the world and would like
    to record some of the programs, etc.
    Right now I use a German website (http://www.surfmusik.de/) which offers
    over channels (radio, TV, etc.) which I find excellent since it contains
    many channels that feature HiFi quality.
    The website offers a recording software called "radiograbber" in two
    versions. Has anybody here ever tried these software packages and can
    recommend them? Or have you got a recommendation for one that is easy to
    use, and perhaps can capture streaming video too? There are so many choices
    that one can easily waste money on the wrong software.
    Doesn't need to be free since these programs aren't expensive, and I am
    planning to use (it)them extensively.
    Which newsgroup would be appropriate to check if I am out of luck here?

    Thanks,

    Murgi

    Sigi Rindler, Mar 22, 2006

  2. Sigi Rindler

    Seatoller Guest

    On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:57:03 +0900, Sigi Rindler wrote:

    > I like to listen to various radio stations around the world and would like
    > to record some of the programs, etc.
    > Right now I use a German website (http://www.surfmusik.de/) which offers
    > over channels (radio, TV, etc.) which I find excellent since it contains
    > many channels that feature HiFi quality. The website offers a recording
    > software called "radiograbber" in two versions. Has anybody here ever
    > tried these software packages and can recommend them? Or have you got a
    > recommendation for one that is easy to use, and perhaps can capture
    > streaming video too? There are so many choices that one can easily waste
    > money on the wrong software. Doesn't need to be free since these programs
    > aren't expensive, and I am planning to use (it)them extensively. Which
    > newsgroup would be appropriate to check if I am out of luck here?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Murgi

    You might find Audacity useful.It's Open Source & free:
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    --
    SuSE 10.1 (Agama Lizard) Development distro
    Seatoller, Mar 22, 2006

  3. Sigi Rindler

    Guest

    , Mar 22, 2006