Which image for a 3640.

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by AM, Feb 20, 2006.

  1. AM

    AM Guest

    Hello every body,

    I have a 3640 running this IOs image file

    c3640-ds-mz_113-10_T.bin.

    I would upgrade it but I don't know which features it has: Cisco site doesn't recognize the string.
    I would like to install 12.2.(32) as cisco refers to it as GD. The only thing I need is the set to choose.
    My needs haven't changed so I would install the same features set.
    Below the sh ver:

    IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3640-DS-M), Version 11.3(10)T, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
    Compiled Wed 02-Jun-99 06:01 by pwade
    Image text-base: 0x60008918, data-base: 0x609E0000

    ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(19)AA, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

    Rt-TS-ITBS-CRS uptime is 5 year, 10 weeks, 1 day, 20 hours, 42 minutes
    System restarted by reload at 19:11:49 CET Fri Dec 10 2004
    System image file is "flash:1:c3640-ds-mz_113-10_T.bin", booted via flash

    cisco 3640 (R4700) processor (revision 0x00) with 36864K/12288K bytes of memory.
    Processor board ID xxxxxxxxx
    R4700 processor, Implementation 33, Revision 1.0
    Channelized E1, Version 1.0.
    Bridging software.
    X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
    Primary Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.
    Basic Rate ISDN software, Version 1.1.
    4 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    16 Serial network interface(s)
    16 ISDN Basic Rate interface(s)
    2 Channelized E1/PRI port(s)
    DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.
    8192K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)

    Configuration register is 0x2102

    May anyone help me?

    TIA,

    Alex

    AM, Feb 20, 2006

  2. AM

    Merv Guest

    Merv, Feb 20, 2006

  3. AM

    Guest

    Also note that the 12.2 release notes seem to be recommending 64 MB of
    DRAM for operation. You have less than that currently installed on
    your 3640 system. To upgrade to the GD 12.2 release, please take any
    system upgrades you might need also into account. Depending of how
    heavily your 3640 is used, you may have to upgrade the memory on that
    system too when you upgrade the software.

    Cisco da Gama
    http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com

    , Feb 20, 2006
  4. AM

    Doan Guest

    You can use the Feature Navigator at cisco.com and do an image comparision
    between the two. Here is the result:

    Cisco Feature Navigator

    Compare Images

    Search Results
    First Image Information Second Image Information
    Image Name (DRAM/Flash) c3640-ds-mz.11.3-10.T (32/8)
    Image Name (DRAM/Flash) c3640-i-mz.12.2-32 (32/8)

    Features Unique to First Image
    Airline Product Set (ALPS)
    AppleTalk 1 and 2
    AppleTalk Control Protocol (ATCP)
    AppleTalk Load Balancing
    AppleTalk Remote Access Protocol (ARAP)
    AppleTalk Routing over ISL and IEEE 802.10 in Virtual LANs
    AppleTalk SMRP
    AppleTalk Update-Based Routing Protocol (AURP)
    Bisync (BSC)
    BSTUN (Block Serial Tunneling)
    DECnet Accounting
    DECNet IV
    DECnet over ISL
    DECnet over LANE
    Display SAP by Name
    DLSw (RFC 1795)
    DLSw CO features
    DLSw V2
    DLSw+
    DLSw+ Asynchronous TCP Enhancements
    DLSw+ Backup Peer Extensions for Encapsulation Types
    DLSw+ Border Peer Caching
    DLSw+ SNA Type of Service
    DLSw+ Support For Transporting LLC1 UI Traffic
    DNS Server Request Support in AAA
    Down Stream Physical Unit (DSPU) over DLSw+
    Downstream PU concentration (DSPU)
    Enhanced ATM VC Configuration and Management
    Fast-Switched SRTLB
    Frame Relay Access Support (FRAS) Border Access Node (BAN)
    Frame Relay Access Support (FRAS) Boundary Network Node (BNN)
    Frame Relay Access Support (FRAS) Dial Backup over DLSW+
    Frame Relay Access Support (FRAS) DLCI Backup
    Frame Relay Access Support (FRAS) Host
    HSRP over ISL
    IPX Access Control List Violation Logging
    IPX Access List Plain English Filters
    IPX Control Protocol
    IPX Named Access Lists
    IPX Routing over ISL Virtual LANs
    IPX SAP-after-RIP
    IPXWAN 2.0
    ISL VLAN
    LAN Network Manager over DLSw+
    Layer 2 Forwarding-Fast Switching
    Multichassis MultiLink PPP (MMP)
    Multihop VPDN
    Native Client Interface Architecture (NCIA) Server
    Native Service Point over DLSW+
    NetWare Link-Services Protocol (NLSP)
    NLSP Multicast Support
    Novell IPX
    Qualified Logical Link Control (QLLC)
    RIF Passthru in DLSw+
    SDLC-to-LAN conversion (SDLLC)
    SRB - Source-Route bridging
    SRB over Frame Relay
    SSRP for LANE
    Stack Group Bidding Protocol (SGBP)
    STUN (Serial Tunnel)
    Synchronous Data Link Control (SDLC)
    Token Ring ISL
    Tunneling of Asynchronous Security Protocols
    Virtual Private Dial-up Network (VPDN)
    Voice Over IP (VoIP)

    Features Unique to Second Image
    AAA Broadcast Accounting
    AAA DNIS Map for Authorization
    AAA Server Group
    AAA Server Group Deadtimer
    AAA Server Group Enhancements
    AAA Server Groups Based on DNIS
    Asynchronous Rotary Line Queuing
    Asynchronous Serial Traffic Over UDP
    ATM Cell Loss Priority (CLP) Setting
    AutoInstall Using DHCP for LAN Interfaces
    BGP Soft Reset
    Bidirectional PIM
    CEF/dCEF - Cisco Express Forwarding
    Class Based Ethernet CoS Matching & Marking (802.1p & ISL CoS)
    Class Based Weighted Fair Queuing (CBWFQ)
    Class-Based Marking
    Class-Based Policing
    Class-Based Shaping
    CLI String Search
    Commented IP Access List Entries
    Committed Access Rate (CAR)
    Configurable per ATM-VC Hold Queue size
    COPS for RSVP
    CUG Selection Facility Suppress Option
    Default Passive Interface
    DHCP Client
    DHCP Relay Agent Support for Unnumbered Interfaces
    DHCP Server
    DHCP Server Options - Import and Autoconfiguration
    Dial on Demand Authentication Enhancements
    Dialer Idle Timer Inbound Traffic Configuration
    Diffserv Compliant WRED
    DNS based X.25 routing
    Dynamic Multiple Encapsulation for Dial-in over ISDN
    EIGRP Stub Routing
    Express RTP and TCP Header Compression
    Flow-Based WRED
    Frame Relay ELMI Address Registration
    Frame Relay End-to-End Keepalive
    Frame Relay PVC Interface Priority Queueing
    Frame Relay Switching Diagnostics and Troubleshooting
    Frame Relay Switching Enhancements: Shaping and Policing
    Frame Relay Tunnel Switching
    HSRP support for ICMP Redirects
    IGMP Version 3
    Interface Index Persistence
    Interface Range Specification
    IP DSCP marking for Frame-Relay PVC
    IP Multilayer Switching (IP MLS)
    IP RTP Priority
    IP SLAs DHCP Operation
    IP SLAs Distribution of Statistics
    IP SLAs DLSw+ Operation
    IP SLAs DNS Operation
    IP SLAs FTP Operation
    IP SLAs HTTP Operation
    IP SLAs One-way Measurements
    IP SLAs Reaction Threshold
    IP SLAs Scheduling
    IP SLAs TCP Connect Operation
    IP SLAs UDP Echo Operation
    IP SLAs UDP Jitter Operation
    IP Summary Address for RIPv2
    IP-to-ATM CoS
    ISDN Cause Code Override
    ISDN LAPB-TA
    ISDN Network Side for ETSI Net5 PRI
    Low Latency Queueing (LLQ)
    Low Latency Queueing (LLQ) for Frame Relay
    Modular QoS CLI (MQC)
    Multicast BGP (MBGP)
    Multicast NAT
    Multicast Routing Monitor (MRM)
    Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP)
    NAT - Support for NetMeeting Directory (Internet Locator Service - ILS)
    NAT-Support of IP Phone to Cisco Call Manager
    NBAR - Network-based Application Recognition
    NetFlow
    NetFlow Aggregation
    NetFlow Policy Routing (NPR)
    Network Side ISDN PRI Signaling, Trunking, and Switching
    OSPF Flooding Reduction
    OSPF Packet Pacing
    Parse Bookmarks
    Parser Cache
    PIM Dense Mode State Refresh
    PPP over Frame Relay
    QoS Device Manager (QDM)
    QoS Packet Marking
    RADIUS Attribute 44 (Accounting Session ID) in Access Requests
    RADIUS for Multiple User Datagram Protocol Ports
    Response Time Reporter (RTR) enhancements
    RGMP - Router-Port Group Management Protocol
    RSVP Support for Frame Relay
    Selective Virtual-Access Interface Creation
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) DHCP Operation
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) Distribution of Statistics
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) DLSW+ Operation
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) DNS Operation
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) FTP Operation
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) History Statistics
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) HTTP Operation
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) ICMP Path Echo Operation
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) One-way Measurements
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) Reaction Threshold
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) Scheduling
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) SNA LU2 Echo
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) SNMP Support
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) TCP Connect Operation
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) UDP Echo Operation
    Service Assurance Agent (SAA) UDP Jitter Operation
    Single Rate 3-Color Marker for Traffic Policing
    SNMP Inform Request
    SNMP Manager
    SNMP Version 3
    Source Specific Multicast (SSM)
    Source Specific Multicast (SSM) - IGMPv3,IGMP v3lite, and URD
    Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) Extension
    Subnetwork Bandwidth Manager (SBM)
    Time-Based Access Lists Using Time Ranges
    Triggered RIP
    Uni-Directional Link Routing (UDLR)
    Unicast Reverse Path Forwarding (uRPF)
    User Maximum Links
    V.110 support for Digital Modems
    Virtual Profile CEF Switched
    WCCP Redirection on Inbound Interfaces
    WCCP Version 1
    WCCP Version 2
    X.25 Calling Address Insertion and Removal Based on Input Interface
    X.25 Closed User Group
    X.25 Failover
    X.25 Load Balancing
    X.25 over Frame Relay (Annex G)
    X.25 Remote Failure Detection
    X.25 Switch Local Acknowledgement

    Common Features in Both Images
    Additional Vendor-Proprietary RADIUS Attributes
    Address Resolution Protocol (ARP)
    Always On Dynamic ISDN (AO/DI)
    ATM-DXI
    Automatic modem configuration
    Bandwidth Allocation Control Protocol (BACP)
    BGP
    BGP 4
    BGP 4 Multipath Support
    BGP 4 Prefix Filter and In-bound Route Maps
    BGP 4 Soft Config
    CDP (Cisco Discovery Protocol) Version 2
    CGMP - Cisco Group Management Protocol
    Challege Handshake Authentication Protocol (CHAP)
    Channelized E1 Signaling
    ClickStart
    Combinet Packet Protocol (CPP)
    Compression Control Protocol
    CT1/RBS (Robbed Bit Signaling)
    Custom Queueing (CQ)
    DHCP Proxy Client
    Dial Backup
    Dial-on-demand
    Dialer Profiles
    Dialer Watch
    Double Authentication
    DRP Server Agent
    E1 R2 Signaling
    Easy IP (Phase 1)
    EGP
    Enhanced IGRP (EIGRP)
    Enhanced Local Management Interface (ELMI)
    Fast-Switched Policy Routing
    Frame Relay
    Frame Relay Encapsulation
    Frame Relay FRF.9 Payload Compression
    Frame Relay Router ForeSight
    Frame Relay Switching
    Frame Relay Traffic Shaping (FRTS)
    FTP Support for Downloading Software Images
    Generic Routing Encapsulation (GRE)
    Generic Traffic Shaping (GTS)
    Half bridge/half router for CPP and PPP
    HSRP - Hot Standby Router Protocol
    HTTP Security
    IGMP Version 1
    IGMP Version 2
    IGRP
    Integrated routing and bridging (IRB)
    Internet Protocol Control Protocol (IPCP) address negotiation
    IP Enhanced IGRP Route Authentication
    IP Multicast Load Splitting across Equal-Cost Paths
    IP Named Access Control List
    IP Precedence for GRE Tunnels
    IP Routing
    IP SLAs ICMP Echo Operation
    IP SLAs ICMP Path Echo Operation
    ISDN
    ISDN Caller ID Callback
    ISDN Leased Line at 128kbps
    ISDN NFAS
    ISDN-NFAS with D Channel Backup
    Line Printer Daemon (LPD)
    Lock and Key
    Message Banners for AAA Authentication
    Microsoft Point-to-Point Compression (MPPC)
    MLPPP - Multilink PPP
    MS Callback
    MS-CHAP Version 1
    Named Method Lists for AAA Authorization and Accounting
    NAT - Network Address Translation
    National ISDN Switch Types for BRI and PRI Interfaces
    Network Time Protocol (NTP)
    Next Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP)
    On Demand Routing (ODR)
    OSPF
    OSPF Not-So-Stubby Areas (NSSA)
    OSPF On Demand Circuit (RFC 1793)
    PAD Subaddressing
    Password Authentication Protocol (PAP)
    Per-User Configuration
    PIM Version 1
    PIM Version 2
    Policy-Based Routing (PBR)
    PPP
    PPP over ATM
    Priority Queueing (PQ)
    RADIUS
    Random Early Detection (RED)
    Reflexive Access Lists
    Response Time Reporter (RTR)
    RIP
    RMON events and alarms
    RSVP - Resource Reservation Protocol
    RTP Header Compression
    Selective Packet Discard (SPD)
    Snapshot routing
    SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol)
    SNMPv2C
    Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
    Standard IP Access List Logging
    Stub IP Multicast Routing
    Switched Multimegabit Data Service (SMDS)
    Tacacs SENDAUTH function
    Tacacs Single Connection
    TACACS+
    Transparent Bridging
    Virtual Interface Template Service
    Virtual Profiles
    Weighted Fair Queueing (WFQ)
    Weighted RED (WRED)
    x Digital Subscriber Line (xDSL) Bridge Support
    X.25
    X.25 over TCP (XOT)
    X.25 Switching between PVCs and SVCs
    X.28 Emulation

    1992-2006 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved. Terms and Conditions,
    Privacy Statement, Cookie Policy and Trademarks of Cisco Systems, Inc.

    Doan

    Doan, Feb 20, 2006
  5. AM

    Merv Guest

    If you post your config, then it will be easier to tell what features
    you are using from the software you have.

    I think was feature set you have in the 3640 was referred to as
    Desktop (probably because of Novell IPX and Appletalk ?)

    It will be a shame to reload a router that has been up for over 5 years

    Merv, Feb 21, 2006
  6. AM

    AM Guest

    Merv wrote:
    > If you post your config, then it will be easier to tell what features
    > you are using from the software you have.
    >
    > I think was feature set you have in the 3640 was referred to as
    > Desktop (probably because of Novell IPX and Appletalk ?)
    >
    > It will be a shame to reload a router that has been up for over 5 years

    Many thanks to everybody.
    My only need was not to install an image with different features which I must pay for.

    About the upgrade I'll do that certainly.

    Thanks,

    Alex.

    AM, Feb 24, 2006