    for to tell which slot i have. I seem to have two pci slots and one
    (brown) above about the same dimensions which i suspect is an agp but
    hope is pcie

    mmzz, Nov 1, 2006

  2. mmzz

    tdstr Guest

    mmzz wrote:
    > i have just brought my first computer game and now find (duh) that i
    > need a graphics card to run it.
    > After an intensive course on the cards i find there are different types
    > of cards, the old pci, agp and pcie, with different slots to install
    > them in
    > so far so good. but no amount of research on the internet will tell me
    > how i know what graphics slot i have (if any). i think my computer is
    > too recent to only have pci (its three years old) but what do i look
    > for to tell which slot i have. I seem to have two pci slots and one
    > (brown) above about the same dimensions which i suspect is an agp but
    > hope is pcie

    googlegooglegooglegoogle.... you get the idea :)

    http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/cadgis/products/agp_pci_pcie.php

    tdstr, Nov 1, 2006

  3. mmzz

    old man Guest

    And presumably this PC is a no name brand?
    I doubt its a pcie slot, almost certainly AGP.
    And unless the rest of your PC is up to spec installing a hi spec pcie card
    will not be advantageous.
    http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html for info on what your hardware is

    old man, Nov 1, 2006