    W1640 - Integrated 16MB graphics). I have been looking at some Radeon
    9600 Pro's or Radeon 9800's. Which should I use? I don't do too much
    gaming... yet, but I need something better than my integrated 16MB.

    CPTK, Jun 9, 2005

  2. CPTK wrote:

    > I am thinking of starting a rebuild of my current system (eMachines
    > W1640 - Integrated 16MB graphics). I have been looking at some Radeon
    > 9600 Pro's or Radeon 9800's. Which should I use? I don't do too much
    > gaming... yet, but I need something better than my integrated 16MB.

    Some emachines have an AGP slot, many don't, better check on yours.
    Probably be better to just get another motherboard anyway since the ones
    in emachines are exactly the best. And the power supplies in emachines
    are weenies. Better get another power supply. And a normal power supply
    won't fit in the space the little weenie power supply comes out of,
    better get a new case.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Jun 9, 2005

  3. CPTK

    Plato Guest

    CPTK wrote:

    > I am thinking of starting a rebuild of my current system (eMachines
    > W1640 - Integrated 16MB graphics). I have been looking at some Radeon
    > 9600 Pro's or Radeon 9800's. Which should I use? I don't do too much
    > gaming... yet, but I need something better than my integrated 16MB.

    First take a look if you have a free agp or pci slot for new card. And,
    just about anything new will be OK.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jun 9, 2005