    Frontier (Elite 2)

    Any recommendations about your personal favourites or any suggestions I may
    enjoy. Doesn't need to be cutting edge, just quality. Cheers...

    gregaphoid, May 28, 2009

  2. gregaphoid

    philo Guest

    gregaphoid wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a game to play?
    >
    > Here's the framework - I grew up in the Commodore 64-cum-Amiga 500 age with
    > a thing for open ended, trading, strategy, RPG and the like, listingthe
    > following amongst my all-time favourites;
    >
    > Pirates!
    > Championship Manager
    > The Bards Tale
    > Frontier (Elite 2)
    >
    > Any recommendations about your personal favourites or any suggestions I may
    > enjoy. Doesn't need to be cutting edge, just quality. Cheers...

    I am not a gamer...but admit to playing one game...

    Tetris from the MS entertainment pack (BOWEP)

    works on any version of Windows from 3.0 and up

    works on Linux too, under WINE

    philo, May 28, 2009

  3. gregaphoid

    rf Guest

    gregaphoid wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a game to play?

    Tennis.

    The French is on, you might pick up some pointers.

    rf, May 28, 2009
  4. gregaphoid

    83LowRider Guest

    "gregaphoid" wrote

    > Can anyone recommend a game to play?

    Play them all.

    MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) emulates around
    5000 arcade games. From Arkinoid to Zwackery, any game
    you ever stuck a quarter in.. It also emulates virtually every old
    home console game ever produced.

    And oh yeah, there's a pinball emulator as well, covering
    almost every pinball table since the beginning of time. :)

    A good place to start
    http://www.mamedev.org/

    For roms, google ---> mame pleasuredome

    83LowRider, May 28, 2009
  5. gregaphoid

    nut Guest

    gregaphoid wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a game to play?
    >
    > Here's the framework - I grew up in the Commodore 64-cum-Amiga 500
    > age with a thing for open ended, trading, strategy, RPG and the like,
    > listingthe following amongst my all-time favourites;
    >
    > Pirates!
    > Championship Manager
    > The Bards Tale
    > Frontier (Elite 2)
    >
    > Any recommendations about your personal favourites or any suggestions
    > I may enjoy. Doesn't need to be cutting edge, just quality. Cheers...

    If you liked Frontier, try Eve Online.... 14 day free trial available.

    http://www.eveonline.com/

    nut, May 28, 2009
  6. "gregaphoid" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone recommend a game to play?
    >
    > Here's the framework - I grew up in the Commodore 64-cum-Amiga 500 age
    > with a thing for open ended, trading, strategy, RPG and the like,
    > listingthe following amongst my all-time favourites;
    >
    > Pirates!
    > Championship Manager
    > The Bards Tale
    > Frontier (Elite 2)
    >
    > Any recommendations about your personal favourites or any suggestions I
    > may enjoy. Doesn't need to be cutting edge, just quality. Cheers...

    Based on your statement that you enjoyed "The Bard's Tale", I'd suggest that
    you'd enjoy playing "The Lord of the Rings Online".
    http://tinyurl.com/ly565e

    Colon Terminus, May 29, 2009
  7. gregaphoid

    catchme Guest

    gregaphoid wrote:
    > Can anyone recommend a game to play?
    >
    > Here's the framework - I grew up in the Commodore 64-cum-Amiga 500 age with
    > a thing for open ended, trading, strategy, RPG and the like, listingthe
    > following amongst my all-time favourites;
    >
    > Pirates!
    > Championship Manager
    > The Bards Tale
    > Frontier (Elite 2)
    >
    > Any recommendations about your personal favourites or any suggestions I may
    > enjoy. Doesn't need to be cutting edge, just quality. Cheers...

    i still play Diablo2 and on occasion Myth 2 (too lazy to buy Myth3)...my
    next game may be Oblivion or Diablo3.
    for 'open end', try online (MMORPG).
    Strategy: RTS titles such as StarCraft and WarCraft2 (i find the
    graphics of WC3 over the top) are old faves, as well as the Civilization
    series. Also, everything in the Command and Conquer series.

    catchme, Jul 10, 2009
  8. gregaphoid

    Guest

    catchme <> wrote:

    >> Can anyone recommend a game to play?
    >>
    >> Here's the framework - I grew up in the Commodore 64-cum-Amiga 500 age with
    >> a thing for open ended, trading, strategy, RPG and the like, listingthe
    >> following amongst my all-time favourites;
    >>
    >> Pirates!
    >> Championship Manager
    >> The Bards Tale
    >> Frontier (Elite 2)

    Never played the Commodore but owned and AmigA 500, 2000, 3000 and the
    CDTV which I still wish I had.
    I have 4 boxes like this http://i42.tinypic.com/2hwpx82.jpg all filled
    with AmigA games - Blood Money, James Pond, and speedball (not 2)
    were my favorites.

    Catchme has a good list but I don't care for the warcraft stuff. For
    the PC right now my favorite game of all time (debating DOOM and
    Quake2) is COD4, yet COD5 is out and mostly played on the COD servers,
    I'm just tired of WWII games. Modern Warfare 2 or (COD6) will be out
    in November or close and should be one heck of a game.

    http://cod6.org/ it's going back to it's roots, COD4: Marines and
    terrorists.

    --
    DIY shotgun made in prison, using match-heads,
    AA batteries and broken light bulb

    , Jul 12, 2009