Which free provider most reliable: Service + CLI

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk, Aug 30, 2005.

  1. Guest

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:37:10 GMT, Thomas Rankin
    <> wrote:

    >(afaik) all voip providers charge for 0800/0808 numbers and I'm sure
    >you'd be able to find some that are the same price or cheaper than
    >QX-dials routing services anyway.

    Just shows what you know Thomas I was never charged with Sipgate
    for 0800 or 0808 calls and I am not charged now by Vonage or Voipfone
    or Voipcheap .

    , Aug 30, 2005

  2. Guest

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:24:30 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <>
    wrote:

    >"Ivor Jones" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.
    >>
    >> Ivor
    >>

    >i forgot to add i have an undeclared interest in sipgate didnt you eyevor

    Like many many people here I would like to know just what that
    interest is ,it will come out in the wash though things of this nature
    always do eventually .

    , Aug 31, 2005

  3. Guest

    On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:39:43 +0100, Brian A
    <> wrote:

    >It seems that the minimum call top up fee for voipfone is £10.
    >For my initial purposes I only need to make a 1 min call to an 0870
    >number (my reason for this only clouds the issue here) so not so keen
    >on spending £10 unless I really have to.

    Sipgate is exactly the same Brian but they are only like quite a lot
    of small shops in this respect most will not allow you to use a card
    unless you spend a fiver on goods . It may have gone up to £ 10.00 now
    anything less than this amount the retailer is charged for the
    transaction I have been told on a few occasions .

    , Aug 31, 2005
  4. Brian A Guest

    I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
    Which free provider should I sign up with based on reliability and the
    necessary CLI to be able to use the service?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Aug 31, 2005
  5. Brian A wrote:
    > I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
    > Which free provider should I sign up with based on reliability and the
    > necessary CLI to be able to use the service?

    This may sound silly, but why would you want to?

    Thomas Rankin, Aug 31, 2005
  6. Ivor Jones Guest

    "Thomas Rankin" <> wrote in
    message news:qiqRe.3998$

    Ivor Jones, Aug 31, 2005
  7. Brian A Guest

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:44:15 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    <> wrote:

    >"Thomas Rankin" <> wrote in
    >message news:qiqRe.3998$
    >> Brian A wrote:
    >> > I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
    >> > Which free provider should I sign up with based on
    >> > reliability and the necessary CLI to be able to use the
    >> > service?

    >> This may sound silly, but why would you want to?
    >>
    >> (afaik) all voip providers charge for 0800/0808 numbers
    >> and I'm sure you'd be able to find some that are the same
    >> price or cheaper than QX-dials routing services anyway.

    >Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.
    >
    >Ivor

    Yes I have checked the tariff on these providers and 'freephone'
    calls are free...but which provider is best based on my original
    criteria of relibility and forwarding of the CLI?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 1, 2005
  8. Brian A wrote:
    > On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 23:44:15 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Thomas Rankin" <> wrote in
    > >message news:qiqRe.3998$
    > >> This may sound silly, but why would you want to?
    > >>
    > >> (afaik) all voip providers charge for 0800/0808 numbers
    > >> and I'm sure you'd be able to find some that are the same
    > >> price or cheaper than QX-dials routing services anyway.

    > >Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.
    > >
    > >Ivor
    > >

    > Yes I have checked the tariff on these providers and 'freephone'
    > calls are free...but which provider is best based on my original
    > criteria of relibility and forwarding of the CLI?
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Take a look at www.voipfone.co.uk 0800's and 0808 numbers are free to
    call and they provide inbound and outbound caller ID and are very
    reliable

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Sep 1, 2005
  9. UKHierarchy Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in

    UKHierarchy, Sep 1, 2005
  10. UKHierarchy Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:24:30 GMT, "UKHierarchy" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Ivor Jones" <> wrote in
    >>>
    >>> Sipgate don't charge for 0800 numbers.
    >>>
    >>> Ivor
    >>>

    >>i forgot to add i have an undeclared interest in sipgate didnt you eyevor
    >>

    > Like many many people here I would like to know just what that
    > interest is ,it will come out in the wash though things of this nature
    > always do eventually .

    oh it will for sure, eyevor will slip up eventually.

    UKHierarchy, Sep 1, 2005
  11. Brian A wrote:
    > I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
    > Which free provider should I sign up with based on reliability and the
    > necessary CLI to be able to use the service?
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Re: Caller ID Looks like Voipfone have added more new stuff this week I
    just logged in to my account and noticed that you can control your own
    CLI now

    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/callerid.php

    And although it's probably not relevant here i just spotted this too
    http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Call_Me_Back.php

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Sep 1, 2005
  12. Brian A Guest

    On 1 Sep 2005 04:47:37 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    <> wrote:

    >Brian A wrote:
    >> I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
    >> Which free provider should I sign up with based on reliability and the
    >> necessary CLI to be able to use the service?
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >Re: Caller ID Looks like Voipfone have added more new stuff this week I
    >just logged in to my account and noticed that you can control your own
    >CLI now
    >
    >http://www.voipfone.co.uk/callerid.php
    >
    >And although it's probably not relevant here i just spotted this too
    >http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Call_Me_Back.php
    >
    >Mat

    It seems that the minimum call top up fee for voipfone is £10.
    For my initial purposes I only need to make a 1 min call to an 0870
    number (my reason for this only clouds the issue here) so not so keen
    on spending £10 unless I really have to.
    1,How much is the minimum credit is on voiptalk in order to make a
    chargable call?
    2. Does the CLI forward OK on voiptalk?
    3. Voiptalk 0871: Charges to 0871 numbers vary. Insufficient info. is
    provided by voiptalk to ascertain the charges. Although not of great
    importance what are the charges (or further digits of the number)?

    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Sep 1, 2005
  13. Brian A wrote:
    > On 1 Sep 2005 04:47:37 -0700, "Mathew Curtis"
    > <> wrote:
    >

    > >Brian A wrote:
    > >> I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
    > >> Which free provider should I sign up with based on reliability and the
    > >> necessary CLI to be able to use the service?
    > >>
    > >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    > >Re: Caller ID Looks like Voipfone have added more new stuff this week I
    > >just logged in to my account and noticed that you can control your own
    > >CLI now
    > >
    > >http://www.voipfone.co.uk/callerid.php
    > >
    > >And although it's probably not relevant here i just spotted this too
    > >http://www.voipfone.co.uk/PB_Call_Me_Back.php
    > >
    > >Mat

    > It seems that the minimum call top up fee for voipfone is £10.
    > For my initial purposes I only need to make a 1 min call to an 0870
    > number (my reason for this only clouds the issue here) so not so keen
    > on spending £10 unless I really have to.
    > 1,How much is the minimum credit is on voiptalk in order to make a
    > chargable call?
    > 2. Does the CLI forward OK on voiptalk?
    > 3. Voiptalk 0871: Charges to 0871 numbers vary. Insufficient info. is
    > provided by voiptalk to ascertain the charges. Although not of great
    > importance what are the charges (or further digits of the number)?
    >
    > Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    You get 5 minutes of free calls when you sign up with voipfone but i am
    not sure if you can call 0870 numbers with the free minutes

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Sep 1, 2005
  14. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Mathew Curtis writes

    >Brian A wrote:
    >> I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
    >> Which free provider should I sign up with based on reliability and the
    >> necessary CLI to be able to use the service?
    >>
    >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    >Re: Caller ID Looks like Voipfone have added more new stuff this week I
    >just logged in to my account and noticed that you can control your own
    >CLI now
    >
    >http://www.voipfone.co.uk/callerid.php

    That doesn't help for non voipfone customers to know what's involved or
    offered as you need to sign up for the page you've offered.

    David

    David Floyd, Sep 1, 2005
  15. David Floyd wrote:
    > In message of Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Mathew Curtis writes
    > >
    > >Brian A wrote:
    > >> I want to be able to call QX-dial 0800/0808 via Voip.
    > >> Which free provider should I sign up with based on reliability and the
    > >> necessary CLI to be able to use the service?
    > >>
    > >> Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    > >Re: Caller ID Looks like Voipfone have added more new stuff this week I
    > >just logged in to my account and noticed that you can control your own
    > >CLI now
    > >
    > >http://www.voipfone.co.uk/callerid.php
    > >

    > That doesn't help for non voipfone customers to know what's involved or
    > offered as you need to sign up for the page you've offered.
    >
    > David

    Good point so i have copied and pasted see below

    You can choose which telephone number you wish others to see when you
    call them. (ie which Calling Line Identity - CLI - you send). The
    numbers you can use are displayed in the drop down menu below.

    To change your CLI, click on the drop down menu and choose one of the
    numbers, then click the 'Save the Changes' button.

    in other words if you have 10 numbers with voipfone you can choose to
    show any of your numbers as the outgoing cli for you line

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, Sep 1, 2005
  16. David Floyd Guest

    In message of Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Mathew Curtis writes

    >David Floyd wrote:
    >> In message of Thu, 1 Sep 2005, Mathew Curtis writes
    >> >
    >> >Brian A wrote:
    >> >
    >> >http://www.voipfone.co.uk/callerid.php
    >> >

    >> That doesn't help for non voipfone customers to know what's involved or
    >> offered as you need to sign up for the page you've offered.
    >>
    >> David

    >Good point so i have copied and pasted see below

    Thanks

    David

    David Floyd, Sep 1, 2005
  17. Ivor Jones Guest

    "UKHierarchy" <> wrote in message
    > <> wrote in message
    > > On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:24:30 GMT, "UKHierarchy"
    > > <> wrote:
    > >

    > > > "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in

    > > > i forgot to add i have an undeclared interest in
    > > > sipgate didnt you eyevor

    > > Like many many people here I would like to know just
    > > what that interest is ,it will come out in the wash
    > > though things of this nature always do eventually .

    > oh it will for sure, eyevor will slip up eventually.

    Let me know when you find out..!

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Sep 1, 2005
  18. UKHierarchy Guest

    "Ivor Jones" <> wrote in message

    > "UKHierarchy" <> wrote in message
    >> <> wrote in message

    >> > Like many many people here I would like to know just
    >> > what that interest is ,it will come out in the wash
    >> > though things of this nature always do eventually .

    >> oh it will for sure, eyevor will slip up eventually.

    > Let me know when you find out..!
    >
    > Ivor

    eyevor youll be the first to know.

    UKHierarchy, Sep 1, 2005