    Which free antivirus program would people recommend for a computer novice
    running a Pentium 3 type PC with Windows 98SE. Must be idiot proof and
    update automatically.

    Pilbs, Jun 21, 2005

  2. Pilbs

    old jon Guest

    "Pilbs" <> wrote in message
    news:d99ksh$nhf$-infra.bt.com...
    > Which free antivirus program would people recommend for a computer novice
    > running a Pentium 3 type PC with Windows 98SE. Must be idiot proof and
    > update automatically.

    AVG or Avast. Your choice, I`ve used AVG for yonks and I`m quite happy.
    bw..J

    old jon, Jun 21, 2005

  3. Pilbs

    Top Guest

    "Pilbs" <> wrote in

    > Which free antivirus program would people recommend for a computer
    > novice running a Pentium 3 type PC with Windows 98SE. Must be
    > idiot proof and update automatically.

    I'm happy with Avast: http://www.avast.com/

    Top

    --
    Freedom is never free....

    Top, Jun 21, 2005
  4. "Top" <> wrote in message
    > "Pilbs" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Which free antivirus program would people recommend for a computer
    >> novice running a Pentium 3 type PC with Windows 98SE. Must be
    >> idiot proof and update automatically.
    >>

    > I'm happy with Avast: http://www.avast.com/
    >
    > Top
    >
    > --
    > Freedom is never free....

    AVG gets my vote - much improved version that updates every day.

    **SS**

    Secret Squiddle, Jun 21, 2005
  5. Pilbs

    Old Gringo Guest

    Top wrote:
    > "Pilbs" <> wrote in
    >

    >>Which free antivirus program would people recommend for a computer
    >>novice running a Pentium 3 type PC with Windows 98SE. Must be
    >>idiot proof and update automatically.
    >>

    > I'm happy with Avast: http://www.avast.com/
    >
    > Top

    I second the motion. Avast Ok in my book.

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Jun 21, 2005
  6. Pilbs

    WormWood Guest

    "Secret Squiddle" <> wrote in message

    > "Top" <> wrote in message
    >> "Pilbs" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> Which free antivirus program would people recommend for a computer
    >>> novice running a Pentium 3 type PC with Windows 98SE. Must be
    >>> idiot proof and update automatically.
    >>>

    >> I'm happy with Avast: http://www.avast.com/
    >>
    >> Top
    >>
    >> --
    >> Freedom is never free....

    > AVG gets my vote - much improved version that updates every day.

    And my vote goes to AVG. The new version is so good I'm nervous that it
    will be sold to a big company and stop being free. Even so, I'd buy it.

    WormWood, Jun 22, 2005
  7. Pilbs

    Jan Guest

    AVG gets my vote.

    Jan, Jun 22, 2005
  8. Pilbs

    BasketCase Guest

    Secret Squiddle wrote:
    > "Top" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"Pilbs" <> wrote in
    >>

    >>>Which free antivirus program would people recommend for a computer
    >>>novice running a Pentium 3 type PC with Windows 98SE. Must be
    >>>idiot proof and update automatically.
    >>>

    >>I'm happy with Avast: http://www.avast.com/
    >>
    >>Top
    >>
    >>--
    >>Freedom is never free....

    > AVG gets my vote - much improved version that updates every day.
    >
    > **SS**

    I am using Antivir.

    http://www.free-av.com/

    BasketCase, Jun 22, 2005