    Marcus.

    Using Sony A300, dslr

    , May 23, 2009

  2. wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > After taking pictures in RAW, then converting them so Photoshop CS2
    > can read them using Adobe DNG converter, & after adjusting them in
    > CS2, what is the best format to save them in ie JPEG, TIFF, PSD etc.
    >
    > Thanxs in advance.
    >
    > Marcus.
    >
    > Using Sony A300, dslr

    TIFF, it's not lossy, universally readable, and recommended by Adobe.
    You can save with or without layers. If you want to compress use ZIP
    compression.

    John Passaneau

    John Passaneau, May 23, 2009

  3. Guest

    On Sat, 23 May 2009 09:36:48 -0700 (PDT), in rec.photo.digital
    "" <> wrote:

    >After taking pictures in RAW, then converting them so Photoshop CS2
    >can read them using Adobe DNG converter, & after adjusting them in
    >CS2, what is the best format to save them in ie JPEG, TIFF, PSD etc.

    If you are making use of adjustment and other layers in CS2, I would think
    PSD if you have any inkling you might need to further edit them in the
    future.

    , May 23, 2009
  4. wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > After taking pictures in RAW, then converting them so Photoshop CS2
    > can read them using Adobe DNG converter, & after adjusting them in
    > CS2, what is the best format to save them in ie JPEG, TIFF, PSD etc.

    > Using Sony A300, dslr

    RAW/DNG files contain the most info. Otherwise, TIFF is the next best bet.

    --
    john mcwilliams

    John McWilliams, May 24, 2009
  5. ray Guest

    On Sat, 23 May 2009 09:36:48 -0700, wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > After taking pictures in RAW, then converting them so Photoshop CS2 can
    > read them using Adobe DNG converter, & after adjusting them in CS2, what
    > is the best format to save them in ie JPEG, TIFF, PSD etc.
    >
    > Thanxs in advance.
    >
    > Marcus.
    >
    > Using Sony A300, dslr

    FWIW - I always archive the original raw file. I figure I can get what I
    need from it. Beyond that, I 'save' files in whatever format I need for
    how I'm using them - most often jpeg.

    ray, May 24, 2009
  6. Don Stauffer Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > After taking pictures in RAW, then converting them so Photoshop CS2
    > can read them using Adobe DNG converter, & after adjusting them in
    > CS2, what is the best format to save them in ie JPEG, TIFF, PSD etc.
    >
    > Thanxs in advance.
    >
    > Marcus.
    >
    > Using Sony A300, dslr

    As long as you have any idea of editing them, save them in the native
    format of your image editor, i.e, PSD for photoshop, etc. If you are
    absolutely sure you will do no more editing, you can save them in jpeg
    with a low compression setting and it can save you a bit of hard drive
    space, or tiff if you have a big drive.

    Don Stauffer, May 24, 2009
  7. Bob Larter Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi
    >
    > After taking pictures in RAW, then converting them so Photoshop CS2
    > can read them using Adobe DNG converter, & after adjusting them in
    > CS2, what is the best format to save them in ie JPEG, TIFF, PSD etc.

    PSD. Copy & resize to JPEG for printing or web use.

    Bob Larter, May 31, 2009