    PS: the G6 docs states that the Speedlite 220EX, 420EX, 550EX and 580EX
    are to work with the G6
    , Nov 19, 2006

  2. Jack Mac Guest

    On 19 Nov 2006 07:37:06 -0800, wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am looking for an external flash unit for a Canon PowerShot G6.
    >Canon-branded are veeeeryyy expensive, so I a looking for a third-party
    >one.
    >
    >Someone mentionned Sunpak to me, but I was not able to find a
    >compatibility list for that brand.
    >
    >Can anyone give me an advice ?
    >
    >YIA,
    >--Philippe
    >

    >PS: the G6 docs states that the Speedlite 220EX, 420EX, 550EX and 580EX
    >are to work with the G6

    I have the Speedlite 420EX that I also used with my G5 before I sold it.
    I still use is with my Rebel XT. The 420EX has been replaced with the
    430EX.
    Jack Mac
    Jack Mac, Nov 20, 2006

  3. writes:
    > I am looking for an external flash unit for a Canon PowerShot G6.
    > Canon-branded are veeeeryyy expensive, so I a looking for a
    > third-party one.

    > Someone mentionned Sunpak to me, but I was not able to find a
    > compatibility list for that brand.

    The Sunpak PZ40X-CA is compatible with the G6.

    For a complete list (AFAIK) of third party (and Canon) flashes
    compatible with G6, please visit:
    http://hannemyr.com/photo/flash.html
    Sigma SD10, Kodak DCS460, Canon Powershot G5, Olympus 2020Z
    Gisle Hannemyr, Nov 20, 2006