    I might continue with my MCSA if this first test goes well.

    Thanks for any help
    Linda

    Work, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Work

    ben Guest

    Take the Exam 70-290 test first.

    installed Windows
    >2003 server
    >but have not put it in production yet.
    >I was just informed that my company is going to pay for

    me to get a MCP.
    >Which exam do you recommend I take and which materials

    should I use to

    ben, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Work

    TechGeekPro Guest

    Unless you decide to go the 2000 route and upgrade to 2003 later.

    --
    I may not be fully certified, but I am fully certifiable.

    TechGeekPro, Apr 8, 2004
  4. Work

    Neil Guest

    "Work" <> wrote in

    > I am a current Windows System Admin with
    > Windows 2000 and XP WS with Windows 2000 Servers, I just installed
    > Windows 2003 server
    > but have not put it in production yet.
    > I was just informed that my company is going to pay for me to get a
    > MCP. Which exam do you recommend I take and which materials should I
    > use to study?
    > I might continue with my MCSA if this first test goes well.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    > Linda

    if you are comfortable with 2000 and XP, That should be your test area.
    Remember, your company is paying for this and probably wouldn't be happy
    with a failed exam (they cost $150 each you know). If you want to upgrade
    to 2k3 later you can (if you get your 2k MCSA its one exam to the 2k3
    MCSA). I would recommend either the 70-210 (2k pro) or 70-270 (win XP)
    exams. You have experience with the products and they are easier exams and
    will build your confidence...

    Good luck

    --
    Neil

    Neil, Apr 9, 2004
  5. Work

    microsoft Guest

    Thanks Neil,
    I am very comfortasble with 2K server right now.
    which test is easier (if you can even suggest one) 2000 (70-210) or XP
    (70-270).
    From what I've read so far, 70-270 is the easier test but the time limit is
    very short to complete the test.
    Any suggestion here?

    Linda

    microsoft, Apr 9, 2004
  6. Work

    microsoft Guest

    I miss understood the numbers here, 70-210 is Windows 2000 not windows 2000
    server, Correct?
    I assume that 70-210 is the easier exam for a person with more experience
    with Windows 2000.
    If I pass this exam and get my MCP and Microsoft expires this exam does my
    MCP expire also?

    "microsoft" <> wrote in message
    > Thanks Neil,
    > I am very comfortasble with 2K server right now.
    > which test is easier (if you can even suggest one) 2000 (70-210) or XP
    > (70-270).
    > From what I've read so far, 70-270 is the easier test but the time limit

    is

    microsoft, Apr 9, 2004
  7. Work

    Neil Guest

    "microsoft" <> wrote in

    > I miss understood the numbers here, 70-210 is Windows 2000 not windows
    > 2000 server, Correct?

    70-210 is the Win2k Pro exam

    > I assume that 70-210 is the easier exam for a person with more
    > experience with Windows 2000.

    compared to...? <grin>

    > If I pass this exam and get my MCP and Microsoft expires this exam
    > does my MCP expire also?

    I'm not positive on this. if you check here there is mor info:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcpexams/status/retired.asp
    the 210 exam is not currently scheduled for retirement though and the ones
    being retired are faily old.

    > "microsoft" <> wrote in message
    >> Thanks Neil,
    >> I am very comfortasble with 2K server right now.
    >> which test is easier (if you can even suggest one) 2000 (70-210) or
    >> XP (70-270).

    There is no way for me to tell you which would be best other than to say if
    you are more comfortable with XP than Win 2k Pro, write 270.

    >> From what I've read so far, 70-270 is the easier test but the time
    >> limit

    > is
    >> very short to complete the test.