    who have completed both the XP & 2003 exams; which do you recommend starting
    with, XP or 2003?

    thanks

    Vantage, Feb 15, 2006

  2. I recommend XP. If you don't have XP or 2003 experience, it is real basic
    and brings you up to speed on new stuff. If you are experienced with XP, it
    should be a piece of cake. Yummy yummy chocolate cake.

    --
    Famous last words "I wonder what this does..."

    "Vantage" <> wrote in message
    > I've recently completed a MCDST, which I chose as something easier to get

    me

    Bill McPherson, Feb 15, 2006

  3. Vantage

    jhardee Guest

    I agree with Bill. I'd recommend that you do 70-270, then 70-290, then
    70-291. Then you can plan for the MCSE. I'd recommend you also take a look
    at CompTIA tests too, depending on where you want to go with your career and
    how much experience you already have. If anything, taking the Security+ exam
    will serve as an MCSE elective.

    Congrats on your MCDST, btw!

    --Jeff

    jhardee, Feb 15, 2006
  4. Vantage

    Vantage Guest

    Thanks guys :)

    A lot of my experience is based in the old 98/NT areas and for years my
    friends and myself said that we were going to do our MCSEs, which just never
    happened. So after not being able to find "good" job for a few years, I
    decided to take 14 months off from everything and get the certs I've wanted
    (I orginally planned for MCSA, but thats expanded).

    At the moment, I'm planning my cert path as:
    - MCDST
    - MCSA
    - A+
    - CCNA

    And non-tech courses:
    - Cert IV in Business Management (which I'm donig now in tandem with the
    tech certs)
    - Basic & Advanced First Aid

    I started my own support business and I'm currently supporting about 10
    small organizations; I've moved to regional australia, so they're
    typically government funded/non-for-profit setups that supply services to
    remote communitys. I the mind set of these people; they're a great bunch of
    people to work with. Such a change after working in the city for 12 years.
    And it keeps my head above water.

    I find it really funny that now I've done the MCDST (which I consider the
    easiest MS cert to obtain), I'm turning down fairly good job offers (mainly
    through friends in the industry). I just know if I don't get on top of
    things now (I've 12 of the 14 months left), I'll only get caught back up in
    the daily grid of things.

    I realise I probably won't get all those certs done in the next 12 months,
    so I'm not setting myself up for a fall. Hopefully I'll be able to afford to
    do either Cisco or CompTIA (or parts of) in instructor lead classes, when
    the time comes.

    Vantage, Feb 16, 2006
  5. Vantage

    Lasher Guest

    "Vantage" <> wrote in

    > I've recently completed a MCDST, which I chose as something easier to
    > get me started. Ultimately I want to go MCSA.
    >
    > I notice that the XP cert (70-270) seems to very server centric. To
    > those who have completed both the XP & 2003 exams; which do you
    > recommend starting with, XP or 2003?
    >
    > thanks

    Go get your 70-270 since the 70-271 and 70-272 exams are fresh on your
    mind. If you did well on those two, you should have no problem with 70-
    270.

    --
    Lasher
    MCNGP 110010

    Lasher, Feb 18, 2006
  6. Vantage

    mcsejoe Guest

    Vantage wrote:
    > *I've recently completed a MCDST, which I chose as something easier
    > to get me
    > started. Ultimately I want to go MCSA.
    >
    > I notice that the XP cert (70-270) seems to very server centric. To
    > those
    > who have completed both the XP & 2003 exams; which do you recommend
    > starting
    > with, XP or 2003?
    >
    > thanks *

    70-270 of course

    --
    mcsejoe

    mcsejoe, Feb 22, 2006
  7. Vantage

    AmS Guest

    --
    MCP

    "mcsejoe" wrote:

    > Vantage wrote:
    > > *I've recently completed a MCDST, which I chose as something easier
    > > to get me
    > > started. Ultimately I want to go MCSA.
    > >
    > > I notice that the XP cert (70-270) seems to very server centric. To
    > > those
    > > who have completed both the XP & 2003 exams; which do you recommend
    > > starting
    > > with, XP or 2003?
    > >
    > > thanks *

    > 70-270 of course
    >

    > --
    > mcsejoe

    i also passed MCDST, but quite curious if i really need to take 70-270, for
    me to be a MCSA under windows 2003, do i really need to take that? any
    comments..

    i will really appreciate ur feedback re: this matter

    AmS, Feb 27, 2006
  8. Vantage

    nguyenhaan Guest

    First 70-270, 70-290 , 70-291 , 70-284 that's my way.

    --
    nguyenhaan

    nguyenhaan, Feb 28, 2006