which exam first

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Michael D. Alligood, Jul 1, 2008.

  1. "sean" <> wrote in message

    > i am about to start studying for the mcsa/mcse exams ,i don't have much
    > exposure to a network environment but i built a machine and load 2003 server
    > on it to experiment.
    > i would like to know which exam should i attempt first 70-270,70-290 or
    > 70-291.

    The one you have the most experience with.

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCITP, MCTS, MCSA, MCDST, A+
    The I.T. Classroom Blog - http://www.theitclassroom.com

    6/30/2008 6:07 PM

    sean, Jul 1, 2008

  3. You should take first the exam that you can have hands on or you have
    experience with like the exam 70-270 which is about windows XP. Then take
    70-290 and 70-291.

    Should also try to use virtual PC, even you don't have multiple computers to
    experiment with, you can use virtual PC to simulate a network.

    Edwin Barawid
    MCSA, MCTS, MCP

    Edwin Barawid, Jul 1, 2008
  4. Michael D. Alligood

    Dude Guest

    I would take 70-290 first. 70-291 was a much harder exam. By the way, you
    don't have to take the 70-270 XP exam. You could take 70-620 Vista instead
    and you could get MCTS certified as well. Vista will count towards MCITP
    certifications later too. I never took the 70-270 exam, but the 70-620 Vista
    exam was much easier than the 70-210 Windows 2000 Pro exam. Good Luck!

    Dude, Jul 4, 2008
  5. Michael D. Alligood

    RAJESH KUMAR Guest

    FIRSTLY 70-270