    place out in the sticks...:)

    Thanks,
    Murgi
    Murgi, Jun 10, 2004

  2. Murgi

    Unk Guest

    On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 02:40:11 GMT, "Murgi" <-net.ne.jp> wrote:

    >I'd like to visit my folks in Europe, but need to work over there a bit
    >during my stay.
    >However, since the place where I am staying has no fax machine, I would need
    >to use my laptop to receive faxes. Is there any free fax software available
    >which you could recommed? I don't need any bells and whistles, and it should
    >be easy to install. It's just for a month or so.
    >A normal phone line is available; Internet only via 56 KB modem since it's a
    >place out in the sticks...:)
    >

    >Thanks,
    >Murgi

    Maybe you could use a you use a web-based FAX service.
    http://www.efax.com/
    Unk, Jun 10, 2004

  3. Murgi

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Murgi wrote:
    > I'd like to visit my folks in Europe, but need to work over there a
    > bit during my stay.
    > However, since the place where I am staying has no fax machine, I
    > would need to use my laptop to receive faxes. Is there any free fax
    > software available which you could recommed? I don't need any bells
    > and whistles, and it should be easy to install. It's just for a month
    > or so.
    > A normal phone line is available; Internet only via 56 KB modem since
    > it's a place out in the sticks...:)
    >

    > Thanks,
    > Murgi

    Since you'll be "out of town", have you considered Internet fax services?
    http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=internet fax services
    Results 1 - 10 of about 9,480,000 for internet fax services. (0.45 seconds)

    No overseas long distance charges for the person sending you a fax...

    --
    Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain
    Toolman Tim, Jun 10, 2004