    is the best buy for the buck.
    Thanks, J

    , May 18, 2006

  2. John Guest

    For the computer I use the Memorex Dual Format. It comes with Nero 6.0
    Software that can be upgraded, after registration, from Nero for free. I
    also use DVD Shrink 3.2 (FREE) for re-authorizing and burning.

    John, May 25, 2006

  3. dvdscds Guest

    wrote:
    > I am in the market for a DVD recorder and I find the some of cheaper
    > ones have very bad reviews. I don't want to pay big bucks. Which one
    > is the best buy for the buck.
    > Thanks, J

    I bought a cheapo from Wal-Mart. It only seemed to work with certain
    brands of discs. None of which Wal-Mart carried. I returned the
    recorder
    and decided to stick with my VCR until they make some reliable DVD
    recorders.

    dvdscds, May 26, 2006
  4. GMAN Guest

    In article <>, "dvdscds" <> wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I am in the market for a DVD recorder and I find the some of cheaper
    >> ones have very bad reviews. I don't want to pay big bucks. Which one
    >> is the best buy for the buck.
    >> Thanks, J

    >I bought a cheapo from Wal-Mart. It only seemed to work with certain
    >brands of discs. None of which Wal-Mart carried. I returned the
    >recorder
    >and decided to stick with my VCR until they make some reliable DVD
    >recorders.

    There ARE reliable DVD recorders. You just dont find them at dumps like
    Walmart!!!!!

    GMAN, May 26, 2006
  5. dvdscds Guest

    GMAN wrote:
    > In article <>, "dvdscds" <> wrote:
    > >
    > > wrote:
    > >> I am in the market for a DVD recorder and I find the some of cheaper
    > >> ones have very bad reviews. I don't want to pay big bucks. Which one
    > >> is the best buy for the buck.
    > >> Thanks, J

    > >I bought a cheapo from Wal-Mart. It only seemed to work with certain
    > >brands of discs. None of which Wal-Mart carried. I returned the
    > >recorder
    > >and decided to stick with my VCR until they make some reliable DVD
    > >recorders.
    > >

    > There ARE reliable DVD recorders. You just dont find them at dumps like
    > Walmart!!!!!

    Huh? I thought Wal-Mart was high end electronics only.

    dvdscds, May 27, 2006
  6. Bob Guest

    On Fri, 26 May 2006 20:26:50 GMT, (GMAN) wrote:

    >There ARE reliable DVD recorders. You just dont find them at dumps like
    >Walmart!!!!!

    Yeah, you buy them at dumps like Best Buy and Circuit City where you
    pay more and put up with a hassle when you have to return them.

    At least WM gives you 90 days with no hassles.

    I went thru 3 different ILO DVDRs until I got one that worked. I had
    to consult with tech support to know what to get. The ILO DVDRMU1 6.10
    is working pretty good for a $99 unit. It plays XviDs too,

    I have been keeping watch on the many comments about other units, both
    HHD and DVD only. For the extra expense, these units are not doing
    much better than the ILO I finally settled on. Each has its unique set
    of problems. And that includes giants like Pioneer.

    The way I figure it, for $99 and the ability to upgrade every 90 days
    plus firmware updates from tech support, I got a good deal. Even if
    you build your own PVR, you are going to have problems.

    Hell, you can't even run Windows without it crashing now and then.

    --

    "First and last, it's a question of money. Those men who own the
    earth make the laws to protect what they have. They fix up a sort

    Bob, May 27, 2006
  7. Bob Guest

    On 26 May 2006 16:01:57 -0700, "dvdscds" <> wrote:

    >Huh? I thought Wal-Mart was high end electronics only.

    It is a mix of good stuff and complete junk.

    I had to go thru 3 ILO DVDR05s. Fortunately after numerous
    consultations with ILO tech support, we found a combination of
    hardware (DVDR05MU1) and firmware (Ver. 6.10) that worked reasonably
    well.

    Bob, May 27, 2006
  8. unisellers Guest

    This is why I love Wal-Mart. Hassle free returns.
    It took me three tries on my last VCR. After returning
    the first two, the third has worked without a problem
    for the last 3 years.

    unisellers, May 30, 2006
  9. Patrick Guest

    I have the Cyberhome 1600, works great with all disk I have used. Can be
    upgraded to bee region free. Both Best Buy and Circut City carry them
    for 89-99 dollars.
    Sam's club carries a magnovx that works on -or+ for 98.00 and my friends
    works great.

    Patrick, May 30, 2006
  10. GMAN Guest

    In article <>, wrote:
    >On Fri, 26 May 2006 20:26:50 GMT, (GMAN) wrote:
    >
    >>There ARE reliable DVD recorders. You just dont find them at dumps like
    >>Walmart!!!!!

    >Yeah, you buy them at dumps like Best Buy and Circuit City where you
    >pay more and put up with a hassle when you have to return them.
    >
    >At least WM gives you 90 days with no hassles.

    I "WILL" give them that. They sure are easy to return stuff to.

    And in some small towns, Walmart is all you have for a store.

    GMAN, May 30, 2006