Which domain registrar should I use.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Damos, Dec 6, 2008.

  1. Damos

    Damos Guest

    Dear Masses,

    I have a .net domain bought 4yrs ago and hosted by www.domaindirect.com.
    Just using it to forward to my ihug home page at this stage, which it
    still does and the default email forwarding also still works

    Got an email a couple of weeks back reminding me that I need to renew
    within 90 days but for the last couple of days www.domaindirect.com just
    times out.

    So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless question as
    if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

    Damos

    Damos, Dec 6, 2008

  2. Damos

    Damos Guest

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:53:05 +1300, Damos <> wrote:

    Typical.

    Now working.

    Well makes it easier to transfer.

    So who should I use then?

    D.

    Damos, Dec 7, 2008

  3. Damos

    Carnations Guest

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:53:05 +1300, Damos wrote:

    > So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless question as
    > if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

    Transfer it to any .net domain registrar with a good reputation.

    --
    Dilger: "Microsoft is first and foremost a marketing
    company that flogs third rate technology products."

    Carnations, Dec 7, 2008
  4. Damos

    Enkidu Guest

    Carnations wrote:
    > On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:53:05 +1300, Damos wrote:
    >
    >> So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless
    >> question as if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

    > Transfer it to any .net domain registrar with a good reputation.

    Typical Microsoft reply : It answers the question, but leaves the OP no
    wiser than before. Just like Microsoft Help.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    Tax is not theft.

    Enkidu, Dec 7, 2008
  5. Damos

    EMB Guest

    Damos wrote:
    > Dear Masses,
    >
    > I have a .net domain bought 4yrs ago and hosted by www.domaindirect.com.
    > Just using it to forward to my ihug home page at this stage, which it
    > still does and the default email forwarding also still works
    >

    > Got an email a couple of weeks back reminding me that I need to renew
    > within 90 days but for the last couple of days www.domaindirect.com just
    > times out.
    >
    > So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless question as
    > if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

    1st Domains seem ok - one of my clients has several domain names
    registered with them and has no hassles.

    http://www.1stdomains.co.nz

    EMB, Dec 7, 2008
  6. Damos

    Carnations Guest

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 14:33:41 +1300, Enkidu wrote:

    > Typical Microsoft reply : It answers the question, but leaves the OP no
    > wiser than before. Just like Microsoft Help.

    Interesting that you of all people - a M.V.P. - view Microsoft's products
    and services in that manner.

    Carnations, Dec 7, 2008
  7. Damos

    Damos Guest

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 15:45:47 +1300, EMB <> wrote:

    > Damos wrote:
    >> Dear Masses,
    >> I have a .net domain bought 4yrs ago and hosted by
    >> www.domaindirect.com.
    >> Just using it to forward to my ihug home page at this stage, which it
    >> still does and the default email forwarding also still works
    >> Got an email a couple of weeks back reminding me that I need to renew
    >> within 90 days but for the last couple of days www.domaindirect.com
    >> just times out.
    >> So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless question
    >> as if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

    > 1st Domains seem ok - one of my clients has several domain names
    > registered with them and has no hassles.
    >
    > http://www.1stdomains.co.nz

    Thanks for the suggestion, will look into them.

    Current problem is cant log into my account at www.domaindirect.com

    D.

    Damos, Dec 7, 2008
  8. Damos

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-12-07, Enkidu <> wrote:
    > Carnations wrote:
    >> On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:53:05 +1300, Damos wrote:
    >>
    >>> So who should I transfer the domain too? (Could be pointless
    >>> question as if I cant connect, I cant transfer either)

    >> Transfer it to any .net domain registrar with a good reputation.
    >>

    > Typical Microsoft reply : It answers the question, but leaves the OP no
    > wiser than before. Just like Microsoft Help.

    And the reply has joined the Ms group.

    So Cliff, who would you suggest? As in someone who can supply the OP needs

    Gordon, Dec 7, 2008
  9. Damos

    Carnations Guest

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 04:14:18 +0000, Gordon wrote:

    > So Cliff, who would you suggest? As in someone who can supply the OP
    > needs

    GoDaddy?

    Carnations, Dec 7, 2008
  10. Damos

    Damos Guest

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 17:16:42 +1300, Carnations <>
    wrote:

    > On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 04:14:18 +0000, Gordon wrote:
    >
    >> So Cliff, who would you suggest? As in someone who can supply the OP
    >> needs

    > GoDaddy?

    Thanks for the suggestion, I will also look into them.
    Unfortunately I can't log into my account. Just times out.
    Tried two computers and opera 9.61 and IE7
    A little annoyed now

    D.

    Damos, Dec 7, 2008
  11. Damos

    Enkidu Guest

    Carnations wrote:
    > On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 14:33:41 +1300, Enkidu wrote:
    >
    >> Typical Microsoft reply : It answers the question, but leaves the
    >> OP no wiser than before. Just like Microsoft Help.

    > Interesting that you of all people - a M.V.P. - view Microsoft's
    > products and services in that manner.

    Dimwit.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    Tax is not theft.

    Enkidu, Dec 8, 2008
  12. Damos

    Enkidu Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On 2008-12-07, Enkidu <> wrote:
    >> Carnations wrote:

    >>> Transfer it to any .net domain registrar with a good reputation.
    >>>

    >> Typical Microsoft reply : It answers the question, but leaves the OP no
    >> wiser than before. Just like Microsoft Help.

    > And the reply has joined the Ms group.
    >
    > So Cliff, who would you suggest? As in someone who can supply the OP needs

    I use DomainMongers and I'm happy with them. (I thought I'd posted that
    before - maybe not). Lennier's reply was of absolutely no use to anyone.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    --

    Tax is not theft.