    I have a Pioneer DV-C503. How do I determine which disks to buy dvd+rw or
    dvd-rw?

    Scott

    T. Scott Lad, Jun 27, 2004

  2. T. Scott Lad

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Check your manual.

    Pug Fugley, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Paul Lefebvre, Jun 28, 2004
  4. In article <>,

    http://www.videohelp.com/dvd

    Urra Dipschitt, Jun 28, 2004
  5. T. Scott Lad

    Chris4V Guest

    both.

    DVD- for dvd players

    DVD+ for computer storage and play

    Chris4V, Jul 1, 2004
  6. In article <>,
    ospam (Chris4V) wrote:

    > both.
    >
    > DVD- for dvd players
    >
    > DVD+ for computer storage and play

    Uh...that's a pretty bad answer. It's a bit more complicated than that
    in many cases.

    Urra Dipschitt, Jul 1, 2004
  7. On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:35:11 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > ospam (Chris4V) wrote:
    >
    >> both.
    >>
    >> DVD- for dvd players
    >>
    >> DVD+ for computer storage and play

    In my case, I can write faster on DVD+ disc, haven't checked to see if
    my DVD Player can read the + disc or not... Will check it out one day
    as I only have 1 DVD+R....

    John H. Guillory, Jul 19, 2004
  8. T. Scott Lad

    dogged bean Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:01:19 GMT, John H. Guillory
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:35:11 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>In article <>,
    >> ospam (Chris4V) wrote:
    >>
    >>> both.
    >>>
    >>> DVD- for dvd players
    >>>
    >>> DVD+ for computer storage and play

    >In my case, I can write faster on DVD+ disc, haven't checked to see if
    >my DVD Player can read the + disc or not... Will check it out one day
    >as I only have 1 DVD+R....

    Actually, alot of the + disks dont read to well in some dvd players.
    Get the - instead. I have used nearly 70 of the Comp USA DVD-R disks,
    and never had a problem. It takes me 45 minutes to copy a dvd with a
    4x burner.

    dogged bean, Aug 9, 2004
  9. T. Scott Lad

    NeoRenegade Guest

    dogged bean wrote:

    > On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 08:01:19 GMT, John H. Guillory
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>On Thu, 01 Jul 2004 15:35:11 GMT, Urra Dipschitt
    >><> wrote:

    >>In my case, I can write faster on DVD+ disc, haven't checked to see if
    >>my DVD Player can read the + disc or not... Will check it out one day
    >>as I only have 1 DVD+R....

    > Actually, alot of the + disks dont read to well in some dvd players.
    > Get the - instead. I have used nearly 70 of the Comp USA DVD-R disks,
    > and never had a problem. It takes me 45 minutes to copy a dvd with a
    > 4x burner.

    Yup.

    For the time being, DVD+R is not as widely supported as DVD-R so it's
    best for use with DVD players.

    That said, good-quality DVD+R nedia is more reliable than any DVD-R media.

    - NR

    NeoRenegade, Aug 10, 2004
  10. >Actually, alot of the + disks dont read to well in some dvd players.
    >Get the - instead. I have used ne

    strange. quote from official sources:

    "unlike dvd-R, dvd+R plays in most dvd players".

    Waterperson77, Aug 11, 2004
  11. >Yup.

    >For the time being, DVD+R is not as widely supported as DVD-R so it's
    >best for use with DVD players.

    strange. quote from official sources:

    "unlike dvd-R, dvd+R plays in most dvd players".

    that said, I don't know which one actually plays in most dvd players. I was
    just quoting from official sources. And they seem to disagree with your
    statements here.

    However, the DVD+R discs I have played in all of the dvd players I have tried
    them in here. However, none of the dvd players recognized any of the chapter
    marks or edits that I made on them. even though the instruction book to the
    recorder says that they will.

    Waterperson77, Aug 11, 2004