    Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box? The store I went to
    is telling me the Leica lenses on the Panasonics are the best but I
    don't know myself.
    Gladiator, Jul 17, 2007

  2. Gladiator

    Charles Guest

    "Gladiator" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens too.
    >
    > Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box? The store I went to
    > is telling me the Leica lenses on the Panasonics are the best but I
    > don't know myself.

    The best digital camera comes with the best lens.
    Charles, Jul 17, 2007

  3. Gladiator

    Roy G Guest

    "Gladiator" <> wrote in message
    > For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens too.
    >
    > Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box? The store I went to
    > is telling me the Leica lenses on the Panasonics are the best but I
    > don't know myself.

    "Best" for what??

    Or In what way??

    Roy G
    Roy G, Jul 17, 2007
  4. Gladiator wrote:
    > For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens too.
    >
    > Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box? The store I went to
    > is telling me the Leica lenses on the Panasonics are the best but I
    > don't know myself.

    Any good dSLR that you choose a great lens to go with it.

    What is the best lens for me is not likely to be the best lens for you.
    With a dSLR you get to choose what fits your needs best.

    The only thing that really counts is what really works for you.

    Sit down and consider what YOUR needs really are. Then choose a few
    camera-lens pairs that would seem to fit your needs. Next go to the store
    and test them out. Take some actual photos under conditions as close as
    possible that you plan on photographing. See how the camera and lens feels
    in your hands, can you reach all the usual controls comfortable? Does it
    just feel good.

    Now compare the results. Remember to compare them under the same
    conditions you would view your own photos. Prints large or small or on the
    monitor etc.

    Then you will be ready to say, this camera and this lens will be right
    for me.

    --
    Joseph Meehan

    Dia 's Muire duit
    Joseph Meehan, Jul 17, 2007
  5. Gladiator

    Tony Hwang Guest

    Roy G wrote:
    > "Gladiator" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens too.
    >>
    >>Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box? The store I went to
    >>is telling me the Leica lenses on the Panasonics are the best but I
    >>don't know myself.

    > "Best" for what??
    >
    > Or In what way??
    >
    > Roy G

    Hi,
    Best lens to me is a lens which sees as my eyes see.
    Tony Hwang, Jul 17, 2007
  6. Gladiator

    Gladiator Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:32:09 GMT, "Roy G"
    <> wrote:

    >"Best" for what??
    >
    >Or In what way??
    >
    >Roy G

    Fast and sharp image quality.
    Gladiator, Jul 17, 2007
  7. Gladiator

    Soujourner Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:09:23 GMT, Gladiator <> wrote:

    >For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens too.
    >
    >Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box? The store I went to
    >is telling me the Leica lenses on the Panasonics are the best but I
    >don't know myself.

    The best lens for the camera is any which provides greater resolution than the
    sensor. When zooming in on any image made with that camera if a point, line, or
    edge can be defined by 1 or 2 pixels, then that lens is meeting or exceeding the
    resolution of the sensor. This is why DSLRs have such poor glass compared to
    high-end P&S cameras with crisp definition in all details. DSLRs have larger
    sensors, larger pixels, so they can get away with vastly lower tolerances for
    the glass. DSLR owners never realize this, they always want to believe they are
    getting what they pay for. They *are* getting something, but it's not what they
    paid for. They are getting the chance to play the fool is all.

    For a clue on which P&S camera will have the ultimate lens attached, research
    any number of the resolution tests at dpreview.com. Download the high-resolution
    charts to see if edges and lines are defined by 1 or 2 pixels, from edge to
    center to edge. You'll find that those sporting designs from famous makers of
    glass (such as Carl Zeiss and Leica for example) will often surpass others.
    Soujourner, Jul 17, 2007
  8. Gladiator

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:09:23 GMT, Gladiator wrote:

    > Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box?

    Holy lens hoods, Batman. Everybody knows that DC's 3D comics come
    with the best lenses. You know, those little cardboard thingies
    with one lens being a red cellophane or plastic sheet and the other
    a green or blue sheet. The non 3-D DC comics don't provide any kind
    of lens. I don't know why this is so, since the 3-D comics have
    much lower image quality than any of their non-3D comics.

    > The store I went to is telling me the Leica lenses on the Panasonics are
    > the best but I don't know myself.

    Why would knowing yourself have anything to do with knowing about
    Panasonic cameras and Leica lenses? :) Well, Panasonic's Leica
    lenses do have good reputations. But that tells you little about
    the overall image quality. With some of Panasonic's cameras the
    image quality is excellent if restricted to low ISO shots. With
    other models, the image quality suffers due to several factors,
    including insufficient sensor size, poor software running in the
    camera's Venus engine, etc. Are you thinking of getting one of
    Panasonic's cameras with their nice (but large) constant aperture
    lenses (FZ-30, FZ-50), or a little one-hand special?
    ASAAR, Jul 17, 2007
  9. Gladiator

    ASAAR Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:17:23 -0400, ASAAR <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 23:09:23 GMT, Gladiator wrote:
    >
    >> Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box?

    > Holy lens hoods, Batman. Everybody knows that DC's 3D comics come
    >with the best lenses. You know, those little cardboard thingies
    >with one lens being a red cellophane or plastic sheet and the other
    >a green or blue sheet. The non 3-D DC comics don't provide any kind
    >of lens. I don't know why this is so, since the 3-D comics have
    >much lower image quality than any of their non-3D comics.
    >

    >> The store I went to is telling me the Leica lenses on the Panasonics are
    >> the best but I don't know myself.

    > Why would knowing yourself have anything to do with knowing about
    >Panasonic cameras and Leica lenses? :) Well, Panasonic's Leica
    >lenses do have good reputations. But that tells you little about
    >the overall image quality. With some of Panasonic's cameras the
    >image quality is excellent if restricted to low ISO shots. With
    >other models, the image quality suffers due to several factors,
    >including insufficient sensor size, poor software running in the
    >camera's Venus engine, etc. Are you thinking of getting one of
    >Panasonic's cameras with their nice (but large) constant aperture
    >lenses (FZ-30, FZ-50), or a little one-hand special?

    Please ignore this forgery. I would never post anything so
    ridiculous.
    ASAAR, Jul 17, 2007
  10. Gladiator

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Gladiator <> wrote:
    >For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens too.

    For the uneducated and semi-literate: No it isn't.

    >Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box?

    Define "best". Best for what?

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Jul 17, 2007
  11. Gladiator

    Gladiator Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:15:48 -0500, Soujourner <>
    wrote:

    >The best lens for the camera is any which provides greater resolution than the
    >sensor. When zooming in on any image made with that camera if a point, line, or
    >edge can be defined by 1 or 2 pixels, then that lens is meeting or exceeding the
    >resolution of the sensor. This is why DSLRs have such poor glass compared to
    >high-end P&S cameras with crisp definition in all details. DSLRs have larger
    >sensors, larger pixels, so they can get away with vastly lower tolerances for
    >the glass. DSLR owners never realize this, they always want to believe they are
    >getting what they pay for. They *are* getting something, but it's not what they
    >paid for. They are getting the chance to play the fool is all.
    >
    >For a clue on which P&S camera will have the ultimate lens attached, research
    >any number of the resolution tests at dpreview.com. Download the high-resolution
    >charts to see if edges and lines are defined by 1 or 2 pixels, from edge to
    >center to edge. You'll find that those sporting designs from famous makers of
    >glass (such as Carl Zeiss and Leica for example) will often surpass others.

    Thanks, this is the type of info I wanted. Sorry to the others if I
    didn't explain myself clearly.

    Now, I want the Nikon with the swiveling lense and a Lieca lense. Who
    has the best CCD's? Looks like I'll have to build my own camera as I
    am not going to get all I want from any DC currently on the market.
    Gladiator, Jul 17, 2007
  12. Gladiator

    Gladiator Guest

    On 17 Jul 2007 05:37:04 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    >Gladiator <> wrote:
    >>For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens too.

    >For the uneducated and semi-literate: No it isn't.

    Prove it mofo.

    >Define "best". Best for what?

    I want the biggest lense I can get to shove up your tight butt.
    Gladiator, Jul 17, 2007
  13. Gladiator

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Gladiator <> wrote:
    > (Ray Fischer) wrote:
    >>Gladiator <> wrote:

    >>>For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens too.

    >>For the uneducated and semi-literate: No it isn't.

    >Prove it mofo.

    Look in a dictionary, dumbshit.

    >>Define "best". Best for what?

    >I want the biggest lense I can get to shove up your tight butt.

    Not interested in your homosexual fantasies. Try a gay bar.

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Jul 17, 2007
  14. Gladiator

    frederick Guest

    Gladiator wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:15:48 -0500, Soujourner <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >> The best lens for the camera is any which provides greater resolution than the
    >> sensor. When zooming in on any image made with that camera if a point, line, or
    >> edge can be defined by 1 or 2 pixels, then that lens is meeting or exceeding the
    >> resolution of the sensor. This is why DSLRs have such poor glass compared to
    >> high-end P&S cameras with crisp definition in all details. DSLRs have larger
    >> sensors, larger pixels, so they can get away with vastly lower tolerances for
    >> the glass. DSLR owners never realize this, they always want to believe they are
    >> getting what they pay for. They *are* getting something, but it's not what they
    >> paid for. They are getting the chance to play the fool is all.
    >>
    >> For a clue on which P&S camera will have the ultimate lens attached, research
    >> any number of the resolution tests at dpreview.com. Download the high-resolution
    >> charts to see if edges and lines are defined by 1 or 2 pixels, from edge to
    >> center to edge. You'll find that those sporting designs from famous makers of
    >> glass (such as Carl Zeiss and Leica for example) will often surpass others.

    > Thanks, this is the type of info I wanted. Sorry to the others if I
    > didn't explain myself clearly.

    You wanted piffle?
    frederick, Jul 17, 2007
  15. Ray Fischer was strip-searched in Waverly, AL for writing in part:

    > Gladiator <> wrote:
    >> (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    >>> For the uneducated and semi-literate: No it isn't.

    >> Prove it mofo.

    > Look in a dictionary, dumbshit.

    "Act like a dumbshit and they'll treat you as an equal." -J. R. "Bob" Dobss

    http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
    Unclaimed Mysteries, Jul 17, 2007
  16. Gladiator

    SMS Guest

    "http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lense"
    SMS, Jul 17, 2007
  17. "Tony Hwang" <> wrote in message news:V_Vmi.125051$NV3.15181@pd7urf2no...
    > Roy G wrote:
    >> "Gladiator" <> wrote in message news:...

    >>>For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens too.

    Not really....

    >>>Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box? The store I went to
    >>>is telling me the Leica lenses on the Panasonics are the best but I
    >>>don't know myself.

    Depends on the camera. The "Zeiss" zoom (these are not really
    what they purport to be - it as more marketing hype than reality...)
    on my Sony 707 is not only VERY fast at f2-2.6, but also VERY
    sharp to the corners even wide open, with VERY minimal CA, so
    is it "the best"?

    >> "Best" for what??

    Yes.

    >> Or In what way??

    Yes, again.

    >> Roy G

    > Best lens to me is a lens which sees as my eyes see.

    I think you would be VERY disappointed in any camera lens
    that was that poor - see my article, "On Seeing And Perspective"
    at http://www.donferrario.com/ruether/articles.html#perspective
    for more, and the odd-looking sample approximation of our sight
    at http://www.donferrario.com/ruether/eyes-view.htm. Want to
    change your opinion? ;-)
    --
    David Ruether

    http://www.donferrario.com/ruether
    David Ruether, Jul 17, 2007
  18. "SMS" <> wrote in message news:469c91a7$0$27244$...
    > Ray Fischer wrote:
    >> Gladiator <> wrote:

    >>> Prove it mofo.

    >> Look in a dictionary, dumbshit.

    > "http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lense"

    If you prefer "obscure" - but look at the root URL
    for the above if you want to see what all of the other
    cited sources offer there (without mentioning "lense"),
    at http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/lens.
    --DR
    David Ruether, Jul 17, 2007
  19. Tony Hwang <> wrote:
    > Roy G wrote:
    >> "Gladiator" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>For the spelling cops: Yes, that is the correct spelling for lens too.
    >>>
    >>>Which DC comes with the best lense out of the box? The store I went to
    >>>is telling me the Leica lenses on the Panasonics are the best but I
    >>>don't know myself.

    >> "Best" for what??
    >>
    >> Or In what way??

    > Hi,
    > Best lens to me is a lens which sees as my eyes see.

    I wouldn't put up with a lens as bad as that for one minute.

    --
    Chris Malcolm DoD #205
    [http://www.dai.ed.ac.uk/homes/cam/]
    Chris Malcolm, Jul 17, 2007
  20. Gladiator

    Gladiator Guest

    On 17 Jul 2007 07:25:37 GMT, (Ray Fischer) wrote:

    >Look in a dictionary, dumbshit.

    Are you saying the boys down at Princeton University are illiterate?
    BTW, "dumbshit" is two words and not one. Dumb shit.

    http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lense&x=0&y=0

    lense noun
    a transparent optical device used to converge or diverge transmitted
    light and to form images [syn: lens]

    WordNet® 3.0, © 2006 by Princeton University.
    Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary - Cite This Source

    >Not interested in your homosexual fantasies. Try a gay bar.

    Whether you are gay or not doesn't matter to me. Breaking your
    chocolate cherry would be fun.
    Gladiator, Jul 17, 2007