Which Courses

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by tomb, Jan 27, 2008.

  1. tomb

    tomb Guest

    Hi,
    I am looking for a bit of advise on which MS courses to take.
    I have been working as developer for 12 years, mainly Delphi, 3 years
    ago I started using Visual Studio 2005 and C#, I have developed a couple of
    CF .NET Windows Mobile apps, and several other small full .NET apps. I have
    also used SQL Server 2000 and 2005 (and Express) created database, queries,
    stored procs etc. All has been self taught. I have the opportunity to do
    several courses and I wanted some recommendations / info on the following:-

    1) SQL courses, main thing is I want to improve my knowledge here as I feel
    its limited, I have looked at course
    as a starting point. what would I need to get a MCITP or MCPD?

    2) Winforms C#, I feel confident writing apps but would like a course to
    make sure I'm doing things "right", and a formal qualification would be
    useful. What about these
    or

    3) ASP .NET / C# Webforms, I haven't done any ASP, (some PHP and mySQL). I
    want to get started in this area, but not sure where to start (well I am
    going to try writing a site myself but I want to get qualification too).

    4) Still a bit unsure about all the Certifications! seen this
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/newgen/default.mspx but still not sure
    of the difference between "Microsoft Certified IT Professional" and
    "Microsoft Certified Professional Developer" I think I should be looking at
    one or more of these qualifications?

    5) Will the upcoming 2008 version make a difference to what I should do?

    Sorry a lot of questions, thanks in advance!

    Tom
    tomb, Jan 27, 2008