    straight for an msca or should i try to work through other certs first? and
    if so which ones?
    kind regards
    william, Jan 5, 2006

  2. william

    T-Bone Guest

    "william" <> wrote
    > after completing an HND computing support i then gained an MCP
    > (installing,
    > configuring and administering microsoft windows 2000 professional) and am
    > unsure which cert i should follow this up with. I am employed as the ICT
    > tech
    > in a small company where i have installed and configured windows SBS 2003.
    > wish to continue in a networking environment so i was hoping to work
    > towards
    > an administrator cert. but i'm unsure of the best route to take. should i
    > go
    > straight for an msca or should i try to work through other certs first?
    > and
    > if so which ones?

    Depend on what you want to do. Have a look at the want ads and see what
    requirements are listed for the job you want.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL
    T-Bone, Jan 5, 2006

  3. william

    william Guest

    Thanks T-Bone, makes sense.

    william, Jan 6, 2006
  4. william

    Fred Hunt Guest

    Go for it, MCSA.

    http://www.sybex.com/sybexbooks.nsf/f8b757a5c6780f3b8825696100043e5b/b3088f1ffe5c86c088256ba600761c69!OpenDocument#WinServer2003Chart

    Sybex rocks.

    fred

    Fred Hunt, Jan 9, 2006
  5. william

    william Guest

    Thanks Fred.

    william, Jan 10, 2006
  6. william

    william Guest

    Back again
    I just had another thought. Is there different certs for SBS 2003 and
    server 2003 or does the mcsa cover both?

    william, Jan 13, 2006