    and I'm not sure what the other ("Realtek RTL8139/810X Family PCI Fast
    Ethernet NIC") refers to, but both of them have the same Properties and tabs
    and TCP/IP pages and options for obtaining an automatic v. manual DNS.

    The Babaloughesian, Apr 14, 2005

  2. The Babaloughesian

    Mike Easter Guest

    The Babaloughesian wrote:
    > I'm gathering info on how to switch DNS servers next time Comcast
    > starts acting up.

    > I can't determine is which connection in Network
    > Connections is the one whose properties I should be changing.

    > both of them have the same Properties and tabs and TCP/IP pages and
    > options for obtaining an automatic v. manual DNS.

    Correct. That's where to do it. What you are doing is working on the
    Properties of the TCP/IP protocol, not the specific device.

    This site is about using alternate root servers for the DNS, and/but it
    has screenshots for the two [actually 3 including 3.1] different win
    families as well as for /n/x, Mac, and os2.
    http://support.open-rsc.org/windows/ How To Use Alternative Roots -
    (and why you should)

    --
    Mike Easter