    experience with Sandisk or Kingston in terms of speed difference?

    Thanks

    Zoom

    Zoom, Dec 18, 2004

  2. Zoom

    Darrell Guest

    "Zoom" <> wrote in message news:JNVwd.495$fe5.484@trndny06...
    > Hi,
    >
    > I want to purchase a 1GB Compactflash card for my Canon S410 and have

    heard
    > varying opinions about the speed of compactflash cards. Does anyone have
    > experience with Sandisk or Kingston in terms of speed difference?

    What versions? SanDisk makes several models in each capacity (as does Lexar)

    Darrell, Dec 18, 2004

  3. Zoom

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: "Zoom"

    >I want to purchase a 1GB Compactflash card for my Canon S410 and have heard
    >varying opinions about the speed of compactflash cards. Does anyone have
    >experience with Sandisk or Kingston in terms of speed difference?

    Any card over about 32x will likely be faster than your camera so you probably
    won't see much if any difference.

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007 has performance data
    for 20 cameras with a variety of cards (though not the S410) ... look at the
    data and you'll see that say doubling the card speed from 40x to 80x might mean
    as little as 5% increase in speed since the card is just waiting for the camera
    to finish.

    Bill Hilton, Dec 18, 2004