    up for the WA technology. I am not sure what tranfer rate my
    current card is, but for certain is nowhere near 40 or 80. Thanks for any
    suggestions.
    John, Feb 27, 2005

  2. On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:59:47 -0500, "John" <>
    wrote:

    >I own a Nikon CP5700. I currently use a 256m card from sandisk. I am
    >thinking of a 1gb card from Lexar rated at either 40X or 80X. Will I gain
    >anything in transfer write speed with either of these cards. The 5700 is
    >not set
    >up for the WA technology. I am not sure what tranfer rate my
    >current card is, but for certain is nowhere near 40 or 80. Thanks for any
    >suggestions.

    Your model camera isn't listed but you might find it this helpful.

    "Hey, kemosabe! Long time no see.
    Hey sport. You connect the dots.
    You pick up the pieces."

    "Sharkey's Night"
    by
    Laurie Anderson
    _Home of the Brave_
    John A. Stovall, Feb 27, 2005

  3. On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 15:08:37 GMT, John A. Stovall
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:59:47 -0500, "John" <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I own a Nikon CP5700. I currently use a 256m card from sandisk. I am
    >>thinking of a 1gb card from Lexar rated at either 40X or 80X. Will I gain
    >>anything in transfer write speed with either of these cards. The 5700 is
    >>not set
    >>up for the WA technology. I am not sure what tranfer rate my
    >>current card is, but for certain is nowhere near 40 or 80. Thanks for any
    >>suggestions.
    >>

    >Your model camera isn't listed but you might find it this helpful.

    Forgot it.

    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007

    "America is stuck with its self-definition put on
    paper in 1776, and that was just like putting a burr
    under the metaphysical saddle of America."

    Robert Penn Warren
    "Paris Review" 1957
    John A. Stovall, Feb 27, 2005
  4. John

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:59:47 -0500, in rec.photo.digital "John"
    <> wrote:

    >I own a Nikon CP5700. I currently use a 256m card from sandisk. I am
    >thinking of a 1gb card from Lexar rated at either 40X or 80X. Will I gain
    >anything in transfer write speed with either of these cards. The 5700 is
    >not set
    >up for the WA technology. I am not sure what tranfer rate my
    >current card is, but for certain is nowhere near 40 or 80. Thanks for any
    >suggestions.

    The 5700 won't come close to using the speed of these faster cards. You can
    check the google archives for threads on 5700 write speed, especially to
    raw NEF. You won't get any improvement in speed with anything above 8x. I
    see the same write speeds with 2 Lexar 8x as compared to my 40xWA which I
    use in my D70.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    Ed Ruf, Feb 27, 2005