    up for the accelerated technology. I am not sure what tranfer rate my
    current card is, but for certain is nowhere near 40 or 80. Thanks for any
    suggestions.

    John, Feb 25, 2005

  2. John wrote:
    > I own a Nikon CP5700. I currently use a 256m card from sandisk. I am
    > thinking of a 1gb card from Lexar rated at either 40X or 80X. Will I
    > gain anything in transfer speed with either of these cards. The 5700
    > is not set up for the accelerated technology. I am not sure what
    > tranfer rate my current card is, but for certain is nowhere near 40
    > or 80. Thanks for any suggestions.

    You may gain when reading your images into the PC, particularly if you
    have a USB 2.0 reader. Probably no visible difference on the 5700,
    though.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Feb 25, 2005

  3. John

    Jerry G. Guest

    There will most likely not be very much visible difference, even if you were
    able to notice some. In anycase, if you get a 1 gb card, this would be a
    great advantage. The larger memory card will do a lot of good, especially
    when you are out somewhere remotely located, and you want to take a lot of
    pictures.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    Jerry G., Feb 26, 2005
  4. David J Taylor wrote:
    > John wrote:
    >> I own a Nikon CP5700. I currently use a 256m card from sandisk. I
    >> am thinking of a 1gb card from Lexar rated at either 40X or 80X. Will I
    >> gain anything in transfer speed with either of these cards. The 5700 is
    >> not set up for the accelerated technology. I am not
    >> sure what tranfer rate my current card is, but for certain is
    >> nowhere near 40 or 80. Thanks for any suggestions.

    > You may gain when reading your images into the PC, particularly if you
    > have a USB 2.0 reader. Probably no visible difference on the 5700,
    > though.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    Just to clarify - that's "no visible speed difference". I didn't mean to
    imply any picture quality difference. Unless there's a gross cost
    difference, go for the faster card.

    David J Taylor, Feb 26, 2005