    Canon IXUS 430
    Olympus µ[mju:] 410 DIGITAL

    Thank you for your aid!
    Nusat, Jun 28, 2004

  2. Nusat

    bagal Guest

    It is a good question Nusat but I fear you will extract personal bias.

    At the mo' my preference is for Fuji - but that is because I have one and
    have grown to know its strengths and weaknesses. As you asked you are
    probably aware that there is no perfect camera.

    Get all the gizmos and it weighs a tone and costs part of a person's anatomy
    (inless the firm pays for it :)

    On the other hand it's good to start somewhere - my test is sensor burn out.
    If the data has been fried there is not much that can be done PSCS included.

    Remember, to get the most out of your camera you will need a computer
    (Windows XP helps more than you can imagine), then software then a print
    outlet you trust.

    BTW - my shots seem to be taking a strong fine art expressive element

    das B

    bagal, Jun 28, 2004

  3. Nusat

    David Chien Guest

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Re=3A_Which_compact_camera=3A_Fuji_F450?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?_/_Canon_IXUS_430_/_Olympus_=B5=5Bmju=3A=5D?==?ISO-8859-1?Q?_410_DIGITAL?=

    F450.

    Like the more intuitive menu system, the sliding cover of the F4xx
    series, the larger 2" screen, lighter wieght, thinner size, and easier
    one-handed-only design.

    The Canon just feels too much like a rectangular brick in my hands, and
    I've never gotten used to the feel or weight distribution.

    Although the Canon will have the better image quality (less noise
    overall) and the larger potential storage capacity through the use of
    the compactflash slot, the current 5MP samples up already for the Fuji
    print nicely, and the "PostIt-sized" body makes it a very pocketable camera.
    David Chien, Jun 30, 2004
  4. Nusat

    Nusat Guest

    Where can I get a copy (even pdf) of that F4xx camera series? I would be
    pleased ro read it before buying a F450 camera.

    Is there any significant improvement in picture quality between the F450 and
    the IXUS 430 / 500?

    Eventually, some remarks from and individual who has tried the Olympus
    camera would be also helpful.

    Best wishes.
    Nusat, Jun 30, 2004
  5. Nusat

    David Chien Guest

    David Chien, Jun 30, 2004
  6. Nusat

    Nusat Guest

    I would like to know the strong and weak points of the aforementioned
    cameras as I do not really have a good point to discern between them.

    The only thing I cleared until now is that between that thresome, the
    Olympus is on the lower end. Isn't it?

    Which one is cheapo to operate the Fuji or the Canon? And for its storage
    cards?

    Are both types of cards technologically actual?

    Both kinds of batteries are commercially available from whatever store? No
    brand proprietary.

    Accessories cheaper from Canon or Fuji?

    Spare parts or expert service?

    I have to take in consideration something else?

    Cheers.
    Nusat, Jun 30, 2004