Which color scheme?

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Claudio Colangeli, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. Hello from a newbye in dvd.

    I'm trying acquire video from my card (lifeview platinum gold) connecting
    satellite decoder through rca cables (video, audio left and audio right).
    I live in Italy, so the system should be PAL B; I choosed the format DVD
    4:3.

    Using Nero Vision express 3, the software recognize in my card different
    ways to acquire and let me specify the acquiring mode choising several color
    formats,
    YUY2, UYVY, RGB555, RGB32, RGB24.

    What are the differences between theese formats? I tried several clips and
    I'm unable to detect which one is better.
    After burnig DVD and trying see in on the TV, my eys detected some of them
    seems more definited in static images, but some of them (RGB555) show more
    "pixelling" when the images are in fast movement (I tried with a basketball
    game).

    I tried to study on fourcc site, looking at the techincal specifations, but
    I cannot understand practical differences. Is one of them better for
    something or worst for some others? Which can be the best suited for
    recording fast moving images (like sport events, NFL ecc)?

    Also, the software let me choiche how many frames per second I want acquire,
    prompting me with a default of 25. Can I have some advantage acquiring at 30
    fps or 29,97fps? At the moment of burning the DVD I haven't this choice so I
    guess the number of fps should be determinated by the standard (pal) I am
    using to burn, right? 25?

    Thanks to everyone can give me some "daylight" in theese matters.

    Claudio

    Claudio Colangeli, Feb 4, 2005