    --
    Brad
    "If at first you don't succeed, see if the loser gets anything. "
    Brad, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Brad

    Brad Griffis Guest

    I just built a computer and bought an Asus P4P800 Deluxe motherboard (865pe
    chipset). It's awesome and I definitely recommend it! However, before you
    buy your motherboard you should double check that the Kingston RAM you
    purchased will be compatible. With these faster RAM speeds there seem to be
    a lot more incompatibility issues.

    In the research I did before I bought my computer I did not find anything
    that compelled me to get the 875 chipset, so I say just go with the 865pe.

    Brad

    "Brad" <> wrote in message
    > I'm building a new computer primarily for photo and video editing. I've
    > decided on a Pentium 4 2.8 processor with 800mh bus speed and have already
    > purchased 4-256mb sticks of Kinston dual channel 400mh ddr ram. My only
    > question is which motherboard to use. New Egg lists several Intel boards
    > that fit my needs. I've narrowed it down to a couple with the major
    > difference between them being the chipset. One uses an 865pe chipset the
    > other an 875p. There is almost a $50 difference between them. Is there

    much
    > performance or stability gained going to the more expensive 875p? Thanks

    in

    Brad Griffis, Feb 10, 2004

  3. Brad

    Brad Guest