    it make sense to get certifified with XP? I was going to then upgrade to
    Windows Vista, however, the MCDST doesn't offer desktop certification in
    Windows Vista. Please help.
    angel18694, May 27, 2008

  2. angel18694

    PAJ Guest

    On Tue, 27 May 2008 12:03:00 -0700, angel18694
    <> wrote:

    >Because Windows Vista will soon be eradicated

    I wish!
    PAJ, May 27, 2008

  3. angel18694

    John R Guest

    "angel18694" <> wrote in message
    > I'm currently wanting to get the desktop certification. However, it's only
    > available for Windows XP. Because Windows Vista will soon be eradicated,
    > does
    > it make sense to get certifified with XP? I was going to then upgrade to
    > Windows Vista, however, the MCDST doesn't offer desktop certification in
    > Windows Vista. Please help.

    Even just a cursory overview of the new certifications and a quick search of
    Microsoft.com would show that the certification name under Vista is MCITP -
    Enterprise Support Technician. There is an upgrade test to step up from
    MCDST.

    If you want to get certified in XP and then upgrade to MCITP, or if you want
    to go after MCITP directly, that is your choice, not ours. Certainly, XP
    will be around for a long time to come.

    John R
    John R, May 27, 2008
  4. "angel18694" <> wrote in message

    > Because Windows Vista will soon be eradicated.

    Why? What's wrong with it?

    > does it make sense to get certifified with XP?

    Yes if your job (1) requires it or (2) you want to show off your
    experience in Windows XP

    > the MCDST doesn't offer desktop certification in Windows Vista.

    Correct. Microsoft offers the MCITP certification as the "Next
    Generation" certification in its program.

    > Please help.

    With what exactly?

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], May 28, 2008
  5. angel18694

    dino kwang 6 Guest

    > I'm currently wanting to get the desktop certification. However, it's only
    > available for Windows XP. Because Windows Vista will soon be eradicated,
    > does
    > it make sense to get certifified with XP? I was going to then upgrade to
    > Windows Vista, however, the MCDST doesn't offer desktop certification in
    > Windows Vista. Please help.

    MCDST MCP OR MC-what you want is in my opinion a way to show... I study IT,
    I want to improve myself.
    In this moment no enterprive want to move to vista, Vista gives no advantage
    or people don't see big advantage.
    If you want to experience vista you have to buy a new PC and this is not
    good.
    So, study 70-270 or MCDST(271-272) and next year 70-620 (70-621.)

    However get certificate, is always a good thing.
    dino kwang 6, May 28, 2008
  6. Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], May 28, 2008