    skills. I've spent several days looking over the MCP website reading up on
    many of the MCP certifications. any thoughts on a good place to start or look
    for more information would be greatly appreciated.
    =?Utf-8?B?TmljayBkJ0FtYXRv?=, Apr 25, 2007

  2. "Nick d'Amato" <Nick d'> wrote in message

    > I am a 20 year old college student in Columbus OH. I have been struggling
    > with the decision on which MCP Certification to pursue. I have a healthy
    > knowledge of computers and their workings but would clearly need to take
    > classes and/ or buy books for any of them. I've purchased the MCSA/MCSE
    > Microsoft Press Self-Paced Training Kit covering exam 70-270 and am enjoying
    > that. I am aware that haveing an end goal as to what job i desire is
    > important but am kind of starting from square one here. Having said all of
    > that I'm not sure exactly which field of the IT industry i would or should
    > pursue. I'm good at working with people and have above average communication
    > skills. I've spent several days looking over the MCP website reading up on
    > many of the MCP certifications. any thoughts on a good place to start or look
    > for more information would be greatly appreciated.

    Pursue the certification you have the most experience in. Before you
    move forward with this, please read the following:
    http://www.certguard.com/Certification-and-Experience.asp
    http://www.certguard.com/Why-Certify.asp
    http://www.certguard.com/Seven-Steps-to-Certification-Success.asp

    --
    Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com
    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 25, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?TmljayBkJ0FtYXRv?=

    Maincat Guest

    > "Nick d'Amato" <Nick d'> wrote in message
    >
    >> I am a 20 year old college student in Columbus OH. I have been struggling
    >> with the decision on which MCP Certification to pursue. I have a healthy
    >> knowledge of computers and their workings but would clearly need to take
    >> classes and/ or buy books for any of them. I've purchased the MCSA/MCSE
    >> Microsoft Press Self-Paced Training Kit covering exam 70-270 and am
    >> enjoying
    >> that. I am aware that haveing an end goal as to what job i desire is
    >> important but am kind of starting from square one here. Having said all
    >> of
    >> that I'm not sure exactly which field of the IT industry i would or
    >> should
    >> pursue. I'm good at working with people and have above average
    >> communication
    >> skills. I've spent several days looking over the MCP website reading up
    >> on
    >> many of the MCP certifications. any thoughts on a good place to start or
    >> look
    >> for more information would be greatly appreciated.

    > Pursue the certification you have the most experience in. Before you move
    > forward with this, please read the following:
    > http://www.certguard.com/Certification-and-Experience.asp
    > http://www.certguard.com/Why-Certify.asp
    > http://www.certguard.com/Seven-Steps-to-Certification-Success.asp
    >

    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    > CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    But don't be put off by it.
    Maincat, Apr 25, 2007
  4. "Maincat" <> wrote in message

    > > "Nick d'Amato" <Nick d'> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> I am a 20 year old college student in Columbus OH. I have been struggling
    > >> with the decision on which MCP Certification to pursue. I have a healthy
    > >> knowledge of computers and their workings but would clearly need to take
    > >> classes and/ or buy books for any of them. I've purchased the MCSA/MCSE
    > >> Microsoft Press Self-Paced Training Kit covering exam 70-270 and am
    > >> enjoying
    > >> that. I am aware that haveing an end goal as to what job i desire is
    > >> important but am kind of starting from square one here. Having said all
    > >> of
    > >> that I'm not sure exactly which field of the IT industry i would or
    > >> should
    > >> pursue. I'm good at working with people and have above average
    > >> communication
    > >> skills. I've spent several days looking over the MCP website reading up
    > >> on
    > >> many of the MCP certifications. any thoughts on a good place to start or
    > >> look
    > >> for more information would be greatly appreciated.

    > > Pursue the certification you have the most experience in. Before you move
    > > forward with this, please read the following:
    > > http://www.certguard.com/Certification-and-Experience.asp
    > > http://www.certguard.com/Why-Certify.asp
    > > http://www.certguard.com/Seven-Steps-to-Certification-Success.asp
    > >

    > > --
    > > Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    > > CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com
    > >

    > But don't be put off by it.

    Yeah, what do I know?

    Michael D. Alligood, Apr 25, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?TmljayBkJ0FtYXRv?=

    Maincat Guest

    > "Maincat" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> "Michael D. Alligood" <> wrote in message
    >> > "Nick d'Amato" <Nick d'> wrote in
    >> > message

    >> > Pursue the certification you have the most experience in. Before you
    >> > move
    >> > forward with this, please read the following:
    >> > http://www.certguard.com/Certification-and-Experience.asp
    >> > http://www.certguard.com/Why-Certify.asp
    >> > http://www.certguard.com/Seven-Steps-to-Certification-Success.asp
    >> >

    >> > --
    >> > Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    >> > The I.T. Classroom - http://www.theitclassroom.com/
    >> > CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com
    >> >

    >> But don't be put off by it.

    > Yeah, what do I know?
    >
    > --
    > Michael D. Alligood, MCSA, MCDST
    > CertGuard - http://www.certguard.com

    Don't know, don't care.
    Maincat, Apr 26, 2007
  6. =?Utf-8?B?TmljayBkJ0FtYXRv?=

    zbatia Guest

    Nick d'Amato;7539635 Wrote:
    > I am a 20 year old college student in Columbus OH. I have been
    > struggling
    > with the decision on which MCP Certification to pursue...

    I would suggest you reading the following information:
    http://www.rtek2000.com/career.html
    http://www.rtek2000.com/certific.html (don't miss the Red Book)

    For your certification needs:
    http://www.rtek2000.com/transcender2.html
    http://www.rtek2000.com/courses/microsoft.html
    http://www.rtek2000.com/courses/cisco.html
    http://www.rtek2000.com/courses/CompTIA.html

    Good luck! And remember, the certification has a value if it is
    complemented by experience, otherwise who would what to hire you? Read
    the story about the certified dentist in the article above.

    --
    zbatia
    zbatia, Apr 26, 2007
  7. "zbatia" wrote:

    > Nick d'Amato;7539635 Wrote:
    > > I am a 20 year old college student in Columbus OH. I have been
    > > struggling
    > > with the decision on which MCP Certification to pursue...

    > I would suggest you reading the following information:
    > http://www.rtek2000.com/career.html
    > http://www.rtek2000.com/certific.html (don't miss the Red Book)
    >
    > For your certification needs:
    > http://www.rtek2000.com/transcender2.html
    > http://www.rtek2000.com/courses/microsoft.html
    > http://www.rtek2000.com/courses/cisco.html
    > http://www.rtek2000.com/courses/CompTIA.html
    >
    > Good luck! And remember, the certification has a value if it is
    > complemented by experience, otherwise who would what to hire you? Read
    > the story about the certified dentist in the article above.
    >

    > --
    > zbatia

    Thank you all for all of the help and insight you have given me these
    websites are a huge help and i really appreciate it. thanks again
    =?Utf-8?B?TmljayBkJydBbWF0bw==?=, Apr 27, 2007
  8. Nick d'Amato wrote:
    > I am a 20 year old college student in Columbus OH. I have been struggling
    > with the decision on which MCP Certification to pursue. I have a healthy
    > knowledge of computers and their workings but would clearly need to take
    > classes and/ or buy books for any of them. I've purchased the MCSA/MCSE
    > Microsoft Press Self-Paced Training Kit covering exam 70-270 and am enjoying
    > that. I am aware that haveing an end goal as to what job i desire is
    > important but am kind of starting from square one here. Having said all of
    > that I'm not sure exactly which field of the IT industry i would or should
    > pursue. I'm good at working with people and have above average communication
    > skills. I've spent several days looking over the MCP website reading up on
    > many of the MCP certifications. any thoughts on a good place to start or look
    > for more information would be greatly appreciated.

    You might consider learning SQL Server 2005. Data design is very
    logical. It may or may not be your cup of tea.

    Alternately, do you want to program, deal with network, hardware,
    software, what?

    If you have no idea completely, I would take 70-270 which is the Windows
    XP client exam. If you have used or plan to use Vista, you might take
    that client exam instead. If you like the OS exams, try 70-290 next.

    Hope this helps,

    --
    Jonathan Roberts
    MCTS: SQL Server 2005, MCP