    I wish to take up the related certification.
    Kindly suggest me suitable which exam I can take up.

    Thanks & Regards

    Supriya, Dec 13, 2007

  2. Supriya

    Marc Guest

    Marc, Dec 14, 2007

  3. Supriya

    Supriya Guest

    Thank you so much. :):

    Supriya, Dec 17, 2007
  4. !Re: Which Certfication????????

    "Supriya" <> wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    > I am a newbe to C#. I only know basic programming in C#.
    > I wish to take up the related certification.
    > Kindly suggest me suitable which exam I can take up.
    >
    > Thanks & RegardsMCSD Visual C#.Net Core Exam: Web Application Development:
    > Must Pass All Exams

    70-315 Developing and Implementing Web Applications with Microsoft
    Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Prepare for this exam with:
    2124: Programming with C#
    AND
    2310: Developing Microsoft ASP.NET Web Applications Using Visual
    Studio .NET
    AND
    2389: Programming ADO.NET
    Prepare for this exam with:
    2311: Advanced Web Application Development using Microsoft ASP.NET
    OR
    2609: Introduction to C# Programming with Microsoft .NET
    OR
    2640: Upgrading Web Development Skills from ASP to Microsoft ASP.NET

    MCSD Visual C#.Net Core Exam: Window Application Development: Must
    Pass All Exams
    70-316 Developing and Implementing Windows-based Applications with
    Microsoft Visual C# .NET and Microsoft Visual Studio .NET Prepare for this
    exam with:
    2124: Programming with C#
    AND
    2555: Developing Microsoft .NET Applications for Windows (Visual C#
    ..NET)
    AND
    2389: Programming ADO.NET
    Prepare for this exam with:
    2609: Introduction to C# Programming with Microsoft .NET

    MCSD Visual C#.Net Core Exam: XML Web Services and Server Components
    Development: Must Pass All Exams
    70-320 Developing XML Web Services and Server Components with
    Microsoft Visual C# and the Microsoft .NET Framework Prepare for this exam
    with:
    2524: Developing XML Web Services Using Microsoft ASP.NET
    AND
    2389: Programming ADO.NET
    Prepare for this exam with:
    2526: Developing Distributed Applications with Microsoft .NET Remoting
    OR
    2557: Building COM+ Applications Using Microsoft .NET Enterprise
    Services
    OR
    2609: Introduction to C# Programming with Microsoft .NET

    MCSD Visual C#.Net Core Exam: Solution Architecture: Must Pass All
    Exams
    70-300 Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution
    Architectures Prepare for this exam with:
    2710: Analyzing Requirements and Defining Microsoft .NET Solution
    Architectures

    MCSD Visual C#.Net Elective Exam: Must Pass All Exams
    70-229 Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database Design and Implementation
    Prepare for this exam with:
    2071: Querying Microsoft SQL Server 2000 with Transact-SQL
    OR
    2723: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 for Experienced Database Professionals
    OR
    2073: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Database Design and Implementation

    Hope this helps. Let me know!

    Jason Mcmurray, Dec 29, 2007
  5. "Jason Mcmurray" <> wrote in message

    > "Supriya" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi All,
    >> I am a newbe to C#. I only know basic programming in C#.
    >> I wish to take up the related certification.
    >> Kindly suggest me suitable which exam I can take up.

    Jason, there are two things to consider when looking at MCAD/MCTS exams in
    the development area.

    First, the .NET Framework v1.1 exams, as you've seen, are language specific.
    70-315 Web Applications with C#
    70-316 Windows Applications with C#
    70-320 XML Web Services and Server Components with C#

    There's an equivalent set of exams at:
    70-305 Web Applications with VB
    70-306 Windows Application with VB
    70-310 XML Web Services and Server Components with VB.

    To obtain the MCAD, its really only a question of Windows vs Web -- where
    does your basic experience with VC# exist? That's where I would suggest you
    proceed from. Note, also, that the MCAD requires two exams, one of the
    windows/web app exams, and one of 70-310 or 70-320.

    Note, however, that for the MCTS (.NET Framework v2.0) exams, the decision
    between VB and VC# is not made at hte time of exam registration (e.g. 70-305
    vs 70-315), but rather at the moment you sit down for the exam (during the
    instructions you'll pick your preferred language).

    70-528 Web-Based Client Development, or
    70-526 Windows-Based Client Development

    plus all MCTS certs require 70-536 Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Application
    Development Foundation.

    Second, the other *critical* question is -- which version of C# have you
    been studying?

    If you've been working with Visual C# 2003 (and .NET Framework v1.1) then
    you're on the right exam track;
    however, if you've been working with Visual C# 2005 (Express Edition?)
    (and .NET Framework v2.0),

    then you probably want to be starting with the 70-536, followed by one of
    the 70-526 or 70-528 (again, the question being windows vs web).

    Note: merely studying the language will not likely serve you well in passing
    the exams, though it is possible. Ideally you should have some actual
    experience developing real-world applications. A *great* place to get this
    kind of experience is a non-profit (who are always seeking volunteers), or a
    small business (who might be willing to create an unpaid internship) looking
    to develop a new custom windows or web application. Another great way is to
    come up with your own concept for an application that has a real-world need,
    and build it yourself, into a completed product.

    --
    Lawrence Garvin, M.S., MCBMSP, MCTS, MCP

    http://wsusinfo.onsitechsolutions.com

    Lawrence Garvin, Dec 29, 2007