Which camera you will take to UK/France?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by zxcvar, Sep 29, 2004.

  1. zxcvar

    zxcvar Guest

    Greetings! I have three cameras -

    [a] Olympus C-4040 with f1.8 lens at wide angle and f2.6 at telephoto
    end. Zoom range is 35 to 105 mm. I use it for low light situations.It
    is a 4 MP camera.It is about 12 oz without the added adapter. This
    camera is not pocketable specially with added lens adapter to fit UV
    filter.

    I have a Pocketable Kyocera L3v camera. It is 3.2 MP camera. It
    weighs six ounces. The lens f2.8 at wide angle and 4.8 at telephoto
    angle. Zoom range is 35 to 105 mm. It is good for outdoor pictures but
    not so good for low light.

    [c] I have a Kodak DX6490 camera with with 38 to 380 zoom. The lens
    f2.8 at wide angle and f3.7 at telephoto end. It is a 4 MP camera and
    weighs 12 oz without the adapter. This camera is not pocketable
    specially with added lens adapter to fit UV filter.

    I shall be traveling for a month with my family. In UK and in France I
    shall be travelling a lot. So carrying the camera is a consideration.
    [In USA I traveled by car with my family for five weeks and took 2500
    pictures. I took Kodak Dx 6490 with me as carrying the camera was not
    a problem.]

    Of the three which camera you will take for a trip to UK and France?
    With thanks
    zxcvar, Sep 29, 2004

  2. zxcvar

    Crow T Robot Guest

    Personally I would take "C"

    Crow T Robot, Sep 29, 2004

  3. zxcvar

    Roger Guest

    On 29 Sep 2004 12:02:35 -0700, (zxcvar)
    wrote:

    >Greetings! I have three cameras -
    >
    >[a] Olympus C-4040 with f1.8 lens at wide angle and f2.6 at telephoto
    >end. Zoom range is 35 to 105 mm. I use it for low light situations.It
    >is a 4 MP camera.It is about 12 oz without the added adapter. This
    >camera is not pocketable specially with added lens adapter to fit UV
    >filter.

    Here's my input. The above Olympus has the fastest lens and I've found
    that this can be very handy in churches and museums where strobe is
    sometimes not permitted. IME most of Europe is wide-angle country.
    Streets are narrow and spaces compressed. It's beautiful scenery and
    cityscapes often are best photographed with a wider angle view.
    Something in the 28mm range would be my choice to do it justice. Do
    you have a wide-angle adapter for any of these cameras?

    I guess you've dealt with the memory question if you have capacity for
    2500 pictures. Extra batteries are a must. You will likely be able to
    find a low current outlet plug in the bathrooms that is for electric
    shavers and that should be OK to plug in your 100-240v charger
    transformer.

    Enjoy the trip. It sounds like fun.

    Regards,
    Roger