    Please suggest me the best one for the price i mentioned.
    Thank you
    Moori Hydrose
    Moori Hydrose, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Moori Hydrose

    Jimmy G Guest

    The Olympus C5060 is a pretty good buy for the $.

    Check out "dpreview.com ."
    Jimmy G, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Moori Hydrose

    Nick C Guest

    "Jimmy G" <> wrote in message
    > The Olympus C5060 is a pretty good buy for the $.
    >
    > Check out "dpreview.com ."

    I'll second what Jimmy G said and add the Olympus C5050 which I think may be
    more easily found for $400 (or less) that you've allocated towards getting
    fairly good digicam. The C5060 is a better camera but the C5050 is also
    good.

    nick
    Nick C, Aug 12, 2004
  4. In article <>,
    (Moori Hydrose) wrote:

    > Hi folks,
    > I am posting this message to get help from you experienced guys in
    > deciding which digital camera i should buy. I am planning to get a 5
    > MP camera and am ready to spend about 400 USD. I am just very much
    > confused by the various options that i have.. and am not able to
    > decide on a particular brand.
    > Please suggest me the best one for the price i mentioned.
    > Thank you
    > Moori Hydrose

    Depends what you want!
    I am very happy with my Canon S60, but you must decide for yourself what
    camera is good for you.

    You should checkout the following sites:
    http://dpreview.com/
    http://www.imaging-resource.com/
    http://www.dcresource.com/

    Check out the camera reviews, User forums.
    On those sites yoy can compare camera's side by side, or even search for
    camera's that have the features that you want.

    Maybe some advice:
    Batteries.
    Do you want AA batteries? They are cheaper, maybe you already have a
    good charger, in case of emergency you can replace them with any AA you
    buy in a local store.
    Or do you want propriatary batteries: Expensive, smaller size but
    comparable (or even larger) capacity.

    Memory cards:
    CF is the cheapest. Some people would say that Sony cameras are cheaper,
    but if you buy a 512 MB memory stick, or a 512 MB CF card, the cheaper
    camera is suddenly the expensive one!

    Good luck trying to find the best camera for you!

    Wouter

    --

    Wouter F. Wessels
    Gouda, the Netherlands