    portraiture up to 20 x 24" prints, but mostly for weddings.
    Thanks in advance.
    -Rick

    Sbtypesetter, Sep 11, 2003

  2. Sbtypesetter wrote:
    > I'm pretty excited with all I've read about the Fuji S2, but
    > I've heard that there is a new Nikon coming that is as
    > good or better than the S2 and the price is to be around
    > $1000. What do y'all think? This would be for some
    > portraiture up to 20 x 24" prints, but mostly for weddings.
    > Thanks in advance.
    > -Rick

    Where did you hear about a new Nikon coming? The only one I know about
    is the D2 and it's nowhere near $1000.

    Andrew McDonald, Sep 11, 2003

  3. "Andrew McDonald" <> wrote in message
    > Sbtypesetter wrote:
    > > I'm pretty excited with all I've read about the Fuji S2, but
    > > I've heard that there is a new Nikon coming that is as
    > > good or better than the S2 and the price is to be around
    > > $1000. What do y'all think? This would be for some
    > > portraiture up to 20 x 24" prints, but mostly for weddings.
    > > Thanks in advance.
    > > -Rick

    > Where did you hear about a new Nikon coming? The only one I know about
    > is the D2 and it's nowhere near $1000.

    I've not heard of a new Nikon either, just the D2H, a 4 megapixel dSLR which
    will be pretty slick, but very expensive.

    There IS a lot of buzz about the successor to the S2 Pro, but no solid
    details. Best guesses seem to be that it will be rolled out within the next
    2 weeks to 4 months. Credence is lent by observation of the price of the S2
    Pro currently dropping and supply channels drying up around the world.

    In the meantime, I am very impressed by the S2 Pro I bought a couple of
    weeks ago when B&H's price dropped to $1799.

    HMc

    Howard McCollister, Sep 11, 2003