    Cable Broadband but it was not reliable.

    What opinion you have about AOL, BT, Telewest, etc?

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Aug 29, 2003

  2. Do NOT use AOHell. It will assimilate you.

    "Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a good Broadband and dialup connection. I used to have

    NTL

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Rosco Guest

    AOL is by far one of the WORST internet service providers. I have found
    that some of the best are these tiny companies with no software to
    download or time limits, they are typically cheap and easy to set up.

    Rosco, Aug 29, 2003
  4. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Mike0000 Guest

    Speakeasy is a DSL provider and many of their packages include free dial-up.

    I think its just speakeasy.com

    --
    Mike

    Block web ads
    http://everythingisnt.com/hosts.html

    Mike0000, Aug 29, 2003
  5. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:56:05 GMT, Mike0000 wrote:

    >Speakeasy is a DSL provider and many of their packages include free dial-up.
    >
    >I think its just speakeasy.com

    Does it matter what country the OP is in to connect to speakeasy?

    Me

    why?, Aug 29, 2003
  6. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:07:06 +0100, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

    !!!! CHOKE COUGH SPLUTTER *GROAN* NOT AGAIN !!!!

    >Hi,
    >
    >I am looking for a good Broadband and dialup connection. I used to have NTL
    >Cable Broadband but it was not reliable.
    >
    >What opinion you have about AOL, BT, Telewest, etc?

    If you are in a NTL area I don't think BY BB/phone is really an
    option. The 2 companies never overlapped the areas where cables were
    installed.

    Otherwise ADSL on a BT phone line
    UK ISPs http://www.ispreview.co.uk/

    BTW just how many times are you going to keep going on about your NTL BB
    speed. IIRC they have different packages maybe you are on the slowest
    one.

    From: Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt
    Subject: Re: Broadband Cable Modem, which one?
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2002-12-27 16:31:31 PST

    Only a few days ago you already said you changed phone company -

    From: Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt
    Subject: BT Broadband modem any good?
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2003-08-15 04:49:13 PST
    I have a BT line and now am thinking of getting the Broadband service.
    I wonder if you have any suggestions. I have two PC to use this.

    See the 2 replies.

    Then 3 days earlier,

    From: Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt
    Subject: Which Broadband Modem?
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2003-08-12 07:08:04 PST
    Hi,
    I am having NTL Broadband Modem and getting fed up with restrictions for
    downloading NGs and Netmeeting/video conferencing.
    I am thinking of going to BT. broadband.

    Even worse , almost exactly the same

    From: Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt
    Subject: Broadband Cable Modem, which one?
    Date: 2002-12-26 01:48:03 PST
    Hi,
    I am using NTL Cable Modem and it is not fast. I wonder if you have any
    opinion of a better one please?

    Rajinder

    From: why? (fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz)
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2002-12-26 04:38:48 PST
    On Thu, 26 Dec 2002 09:47:34 -0000, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I am using NTL Cable Modem and it is not fast. I wonder if you have any

    Not fast is a bit vague? It also depends which package you are on.
    Ask in the internal NTL groups, NTL support http://www.ntlworld.com/
    user forums here http://www.nthellworld.com/ a NTL speed test
    http://www.vantage.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/v2/v2.htm and NTL info
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips/techsupp.html

    >opinion of a better one please?

    NTL don't have a choice IIRC. You have to use the one provided. They may
    have used different models but you can't buy your own as places in the
    US allow.

    Yey again you still asked for suggestions and yet again someone (Me
    oddly enough) said

    From: why? (fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz)
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2002-12-26 22:44:17 PST
    You can get your own suggestions here....
    ISPreview - Official UK Internet Service Provider Info. Source
    http://www.ispreview.co.uk/list.shtml
    Check some of the computer mags see if they are running a ISP review
    feature.

    and you said thans for the info

    From: Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt ()
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2002-12-27 16:31:31 PST
    Thanks for the information. This is what I was needing. NTL charges
    much
    less than the Telewest.

    Rajinder

    Then there was even -

    From: Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt ()
    Subject: Broadband Modem - which one?
    Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    Date: 2002-12-26 15:49:49 PST
    Hi,
    At present, I am with NTL cable modem but it has limitations as to
    playing of files.

    I want to change my ISP that would provide a better service at
    reasonable
    price. I may change my telephone lines as well. At present I have 4
    Telephone lines in addition to the Cable Modem.

    Me

    why?, Aug 29, 2003
  7. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    paul s Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 11:07:06 +0100, Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for a good Broadband and dialup connection. I used to have NTL
    > Cable Broadband but it was not reliable.
    >
    > What opinion you have about AOL, BT, Telewest, etc?

    Telewest won't be an option if you're in a NTL franchise area. BT are OK,
    all the others buy their ADSL service wholesale from BT anyway.

    --
    Paul S
    - Microsoft: The company that made MP3 dangerous. -

    paul s, Aug 30, 2003
  8. AOL is out of question. Thank you.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Aug 30, 2003
  9. Please advise which ones?

    Thank you.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Aug 30, 2003
  10. Thank you.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Aug 30, 2003
  11. So, best is to buy BT Broadband.

    Rajinder

    Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt, Aug 30, 2003
  12. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Paul - xxx Guest

    http://www.speakeasy.net ... ;)

    Mike0000 tried to scribble ...

    --
    .............................Paul - xxx
    Seti 1942 wu in 14790 hours

    Paul - xxx, Aug 30, 2003
  13. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Meant to say USA only .. the OP is in UK ... ;)

    Paul - xxx tried to scribble ...

    Paul - xxx, Aug 30, 2003
  14. Ch. Rajinder Nijjhar Jatt

    nemo Guest