    qqq Guest

    For a programmer

    For home user - basic

    qqq, Aug 19, 2006

  2. qqq

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "qqq" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > For a programmer
    >
    > For home user - basic

    For a basic home user I like the Toshiba's a lot. Have a couple of them
    bought on sale, working great. I will NEVER buy another HP.
    --
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin
    Franklin

    Alex Clayton, Aug 19, 2006

  3. qqq

    qqq Guest

    Alex Clayton wrote:
    > "qqq" <> wrote in message
    > > For a programmer
    > >
    > > For home user - basic
    > >

    > For a basic home user I like the Toshiba's a lot.

    > Have a couple of them bought on sale, working great.

    How long have had them?

    > I will NEVER buy another HP.

    My programmer friend's HP HD after 2 years has crashed. Fortunately, he
    has extended warranty.

    qqq, Aug 19, 2006
  4. qqq

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "qqq" <> wrote in message

    > Alex Clayton wrote:
    >> "qqq" <> wrote in message
    >> > For a programmer
    >> >
    >> > For home user - basic
    >> >

    >> For a basic home user I like the Toshiba's a lot.

    >> Have a couple of them bought on sale, working great.

    > How long have had them?
    >
    >> I will NEVER buy another HP.

    > My programmer friend's HP HD after 2 years has crashed. Fortunately, he
    > has extended warranty.

    The two I am currently using are about 1 year and 6 months old. The reason
    for the No HP, is years ago when I bought my first Laptop, also a Toshiba,
    My wife and Father both decided they liked the idea. They both bought
    Compac's that were on sale. Both of them had trouble that had to be fixed,
    then a year or so later when the batteries started to go they found they
    could not find one that would work with them. I have found that when you buy
    a Toshiba if you later need things like memory or a battery they are common,
    and easy to find.

    Alex Clayton, Aug 20, 2006
  5. qqq

    chuckie® Guest

    Dell's aren't bad either, have two of them. #1 Latitude C-600, several
    years old and still going strong...well, as strong as a 1gig Pentium can be.
    #2 Inspiron (forget model #), little over a year old, no
    problems...yet...use it at work for Excel spreadsheets and such mundane
    tasks. Reasonably priced, if that's a consideration...just my two cents...

    chuckie®, Aug 20, 2006
  6. qqq

    Plato Guest

    qqq wrote:

    > For a programmer
    >
    > For home user - basic

    I dont see the question in the body of your message. Please learn how to
    write a message. Thanks.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 20, 2006
  7. qqq

    Ernie Werbel Guest

    qqq wrote in message
    <>...
    >For a programmer
    >
    >For home user - basic

    If you're using BASIC (I presume the DOS version, right?) then you'd be well
    with an AST Premium Exec. I have two and they're great.

    My second choice would be a Compaq LTE Elite. I actually had one that I was
    using for years to write QBASIC programs with. I bought it used from a
    friend. It had Windows 95 on it but I took care of that. FDISK and install
    DOS/Win3.11 and it ran much better for programming.

    Ernie Werbel, Aug 21, 2006
  8. qqq

    Travis Guest

    What do you mean by "For home user - basic" does that mean your programming
    in BASIC (with or without Q)? Or does that mean your a basic user, because I
    don't think many basic computer users are programmers though.

    Travis, Aug 21, 2006
  9. qqq

    Amanda Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > What do you mean by "For home user - basic" does that mean your programming
    > in BASIC (with or without Q)? Or does that mean your a basic user, because I
    > don't think many basic computer users are programmers though.

    Basic user like my family members who don't do programming but not
    heavy on multimedia stuff either.

    Amanda, Aug 24, 2006
  10. qqq

    Amanda Guest

    Amanda wrote:
    > Travis wrote:
    > > What do you mean by "For home user - basic" does that mean your programming
    > > in BASIC (with or without Q)? Or does that mean your a basic user, because I
    > > don't think many basic computer users are programmers though.

    > Basic user like my family members who don't do programming but not
    > heavy on multimedia stuff either.

    It's assumption.

    Amanda, Aug 24, 2006
  11. qqq

    qqq Guest

    Ernie Werbel wrote:
    > qqq wrote in message
    > <>...
    > >For a programmer
    > >
    > >For home user - basic
    > >

    > If you're using BASIC (I presume the DOS version, right?)

    No. No programming; basic use of a computer such as internet or type a
    letter.

    qqq, Aug 24, 2006