    losing confidence. Can anyone recommend any other good manuals for this
    exam ?

    Dave

    Dave, Nov 19, 2004

  2. Dave

    Jerz Guest

    Although I really didn't go through the book much because I have a good bit
    of experience with XP & 2000, I used the MS press book which you can find on
    Microsoft's website http://www.microsoft.com/learning

    cheers!

    Jerz

    Jerz, Nov 19, 2004

  3. Dave

    spamcram Guest

    Yeah, I've found that the MS books tend to be a bit better...

    spamcram, Nov 19, 2004
  4. Dave

    Rob Guest

    Sorry to hear about you problems with the Windows XP
    book. I don't know if you have a different version or
    what, but I used this book to study for the 270 exam, and
    took the MOC course and did not find any problems. If
    you encounter a problem with their book I would suggest
    sending them an e-mail about it. It did it when I used
    thier CCNA book and they actually responded back with how
    they were right and the referance for it. If you want to
    change and try a different one I would also suggest the
    MS Press books. Have used them for the MCSE exams as
    well. Hope this helps.

    Rob, Nov 20, 2004
  5. Dave

    Hikmer Guest

    I just passed this exam and used the MS press book and
    the Exam Cram version 2 book. Make sure you brush up on
    active directory group policies.

    Good luck, its a hard exam.

    Hikmer, Nov 20, 2004
  6. Dave

    Neil Guest

    incase you missed it "Dave" <> said in news:#M29f4jzEHA.3236
    @TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl:

    > Hi
    > I have the sybex 70-270 book but there are so many mistakes in it I am
    > losing confidence. Can anyone recommend any other good manuals for

    this
    > exam ?
    >
    > Dave

    what's wrong with the help files...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Doug Adams

    Neil, Nov 20, 2004
  7. Dave

    Dave Guest

    What is wrong with some of the self righteous toss**s on this group ? It
    seems some on this group have nothing better to do than post snidey comments
    rather than intelligent replies.

    There's nothing wrong with the help files but guess what....I have a job and
    a life and don't really have the time or inclination to study the help files
    in great depth when there are plenty of books available. Help files actually
    aren't that helpful are they ?
    Thats why people write books, to collate relevant information in one place.
    Obviously I know my stuff otherwise how would I spot errors in a book ???
    My point was if I have spotted many errors I am concerned that I may miss
    some on a subject I may not be so hot on.
    So save the smart as* comments for someone that deserves them, like
    braindumpers please.

    Dave, Nov 24, 2004
  8. Dave

    Ken Briscoe Guest

    In news:%,
    Dave <> rambled:

    > What is wrong with some of the self righteous toss**s on this group ?
    > It seems some on this group have nothing better to do than post
    > snidey comments rather than intelligent replies.
    >
    > There's nothing wrong with the help files but guess what....I have a
    > job and a life and don't really have the time or inclination to study
    > the help files in great depth when there are plenty of books
    > available. Help files actually aren't that helpful are they ?
    > Thats why people write books, to collate relevant information in one
    > place. Obviously I know my stuff otherwise how would I spot errors in
    > a book ??? My point was if I have spotted many errors I am concerned
    > that I may miss some on a subject I may not be so hot on.
    > So save the smart as* comments for someone that deserves them, like
    > braindumpers please.

    guess he told you, neil.

    --

    KB - MCNGP "silent thug" #26

    Briscobar AT gmail DOT com

    Ken Briscoe, Nov 24, 2004
  9. >What is wrong with some of the self righteous toss**s on this group ? It
    >seems some on this group have nothing better to do than post snidey comments
    >rather than intelligent replies.

    Here's a couple of 'snidey comments' for you: -

    technet & msdn

    btw, the ms product documentation is excellent, and often contain
    plenty of links to other resources, but I guess it's too much to ask
    people to read the doc's these days.

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 24, 2004
  10. Dave

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Dave" <> say in

    > It
    > seems some on this group have nothing better to do than post snidey
    > comments rather than intelligent replies.

    Dear Dave:
    I'm so sorry you were offended by my suggestion to read and
    perchance to use the product in question as a mechanism for learning said
    product. While my recommendations are, as always, merely optional items,
    I have found from previous expereince that most manufactures of software
    do put a lot of useful information into the help files.
    While many people do find that additional reading material benefit
    the comprehension of the products and extend on what can be learned from
    the help files, there was however one item that lead me to make the
    suggestion I did. You mentioned in your original post that "I have the
    sybex 70-270 book but there are so many mistakes in it". Since you are
    dissatisfied with this product, I thought that pointing you to the source
    (Microsoft) would be beneficial for you. It might also be helpful to
    check the website for sybex to see if they have any updates for errors
    and omissions to thier books. I would also recommend investigating other
    internet sources such as Microsoft's website and Google's website.
    Once again please do let me appologise for having offended you. It
    is obvious that from the very formal and professional nature of this
    esteemed group, you should have expected nothing less that a complete,
    definitive answer to every question that you pose and that any one doing
    less is merely the scrapings from the bottom of someones shoe. I have
    obviosly failed you...

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Doug Adams

    Neil, Nov 24, 2004
  11. Dave

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Ken Briscoe" <> say in

    > guess he told you, neil.

    I'm so ashamed....

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Doug Adams

    Neil, Nov 24, 2004
  12. Dave

    Neil Guest

    did you hear The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere <.> say in

    > but I guess it's too much to ask
    > people to read the doc's these days.

    SHAME! Kline, how can we ask this wonderful person to do research on his
    own. We must do it for him and then sit the exam for him as well.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Doug Adams

    Neil, Nov 24, 2004
  13. Dave

    JaR Guest

    > <kernippedy>teemed group, you should have expected nothing less that a

    complete,
    > definitive answer to every question that you pose and that any one doing
    > less is merely the scrapings from the bottom of someones shoe. I have
    > obviosly failed you...

    Good. Now open a vein in repentance. Down, then across.

    JaR
    Satisfied Thug

    JaR, Nov 24, 2004
  14. Dave

    Neil Guest

    did you hear JaR <> say in

    > Good. Now open a vein in repentance. Down, then across.

    <fx=Sound of Lifting a 10 story Building by hand>
    SEPPUKU!!!
    *knife enters belly as kaishaku JaR removes Neil's head*
    </fx>

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Doug Adams

    Neil, Nov 24, 2004
  15. >Good. Now open a vein in repentance. Down, then across.

    DON'T DO IT NEIL, IT'S A TRAP!!!!

    Kline Sphere (Chalk) MCNGP #3

    The Poster Formerly Known as Kline Sphere, Nov 24, 2004
  16. Dave

    Dave Guest

    Neil
    "Since you are dissatisfied with this product, I thought that pointing you
    to the source
    (Microsoft) would be beneficial for you. "

    Yeah right. What you did was similar to all the other smarta**es who think
    it clever to post obvious comments to try and belittle others. Like anyone
    is not aware of help files, Microsoft and google. Come to think of it you
    didn't even need to mention the sybex help pages. Would it really have been
    too difficult to post something like "I have used xxxx's books and found
    them very useful".

    Dave, Nov 25, 2004
  17. Dave

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Dave" <> say in

    > Neil
    > "Since you are dissatisfied with this product, I thought that pointing
    > you to the source
    > (Microsoft) would be beneficial for you. "
    >
    > Yeah right. What you did was similar to all the other smarta**es who
    > think it clever to post obvious comments to try and belittle others.
    > Like anyone is not aware of help files, Microsoft and google. Come to
    > think of it you didn't even need to mention the sybex help pages.
    > Would it really have been too difficult to post something like "I have
    > used xxxx's books and found them very useful".

    look, since you have this uber sized chip on your sholder, the humor-ectomy
    was successful and the personality transplant failed, I will post this last
    final piece. Sure it would have been a breeze to say I like this or that
    vendors book. Fact remains that any book is likely to have errors. The fact
    that you can't seem to find that book vendors home page and dig in or even
    send them an e-mail tells me that you would prefer to complain. I have
    always been quite happy with Sybex, I have used several other vendors books
    as well (Syngress, New Riders, Exam Prep/Cram, Que, Microsoft Press, etc.)
    and the fact remains that no matter what you get htere is the possibility
    of errors and omissions becuase that's just the way it works. I have found
    errors in Microsoft Official Curriculum, but when I delivered the course I
    worked around them by researching the issues and informed MS of the issue
    so that they could add it to an error log so that someone else can avoid
    the pitfall. Mistakes happen and that's life. There is nothing wrong with
    books on-line or the help files for learning the product (other than they
    are dull - mind you that's pretty standard fare for MS press <grin>). You
    actually have to install the product to use it so you are already ahead of
    the game. So then:

    private Sub book()
    if book.problem = error
    research.fix > 2 seconds
    else
    suckit.up
    End Sub

    excuse me for not declaring variables, etc. And now to add you to the bit
    bucket:

    if Dave =
    Dave = Dave Null

    welcome to the killfile *PLONK*

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Doug Adams

    Neil, Nov 25, 2004
  18. Dave

    Dave Guest

    tosser.

    Dave, Nov 26, 2004
  19. Dave

    catwalker63 Guest

    What is your childhood trauma?? Spank your inner moppet and get over
    yourself already.

    --
    Catwalker
    aka Pu$$y Feet

    "I'm not bossy! I just know what you should be doing!"

    catwalker63, Nov 26, 2004
  20. =?Windows-1252?Q?Frisbee=AE?=, Nov 26, 2004