    Is there any other program out there which would be able to do this job?
    TMPGEnc gave me so far nothing than headaches.

    Thanks for any help.

    Gerry Hartfield, Apr 8, 2004

  2. Gerry Hartfield

    funprice Guest

    On Fri, 9 Apr 2004 01:31:24 +1000, Gerry Hartfield
    <> wrote:

    >I tried TMPGEnc but it shows Read Error. I followed their instructions:
    >http://www.dvd-hq.info/Compression.html
    >The machine here is Athlon 2000+ with 1GB DDR RAM, 2x 80GB HDD and
    >reliable MB.
    >The avi file is fine (I ripped a VHS via Canopus ADVC100 to the HDD).
    >Ulead converts it fine (the full 80 minutes) but it can't clip the
    >bottom, top and left/right side of the movie.
    >
    >Is there any other program out there which would be able to do this job?
    >TMPGEnc gave me so far nothing than headaches.

    Try VirtualDubMod with Ympeg please. (google if needed)

    funprice, Apr 8, 2004

  3. Arminio Grgic, Apr 9, 2004
  4. Gerry Hartfield

    Mark W Guest

    "Arminio Grgic" <> wrote in message

    > AviSynth
    >
    > --

    AVIsynth is OK but if the OP had trouble with TMPGenc, he may find AVIsynth
    a big headache!!

    I'd say persevere with TMPGenc, the clip settings have always worked for me.

    Mark W, Apr 9, 2004
  5. In article <>, s@o says...
    > AVIsynth is OK but if the OP had trouble with TMPGenc, he may find AVIsynth
    > a big headache!!
    >
    > I'd say persevere with TMPGenc, the clip settings have always worked for me.

    For me too, but the darn TMPGEnc always gives me the Read Error.
    Very annoying.

    Thanks anyway.
    Still looking for an alternative...

    Gerry Hartfield, Apr 9, 2004