    I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
    (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
    Which one does?
    dmitri, Mar 19, 2007

  2. dmitri

    Rob Guest

    "dmitri" <> wrote in message news:p...
    > I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
    > (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
    > Which one does?

    Not strictly an straight forward ATA, but the DrayTek Vigor2800VG (VoIP
    router) does.

    Rob
    Rob, Mar 19, 2007

  3. dmitri

    Mr Flobby Guest

    "dmitri" <> wrote in message news:p...
    >I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
    > (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
    > Which one does?

    Hey, that happens to me too, very irritating... I have seen reports of CID
    working with the Zyxel 2602HWL though, but mine doesn't. I assumed
    therefore, that it was more to do with the quality of the relay switching
    component in the unit. Tried all sorts, different filters, shorter
    cables...
    Mr Flobby, Mar 19, 2007
  4. dmitri

    Ian Pawson Guest

    dmitri wrote:
    > I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
    > (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
    > Which one does?

    My linksys sp3000 passes clid for both bt and voip incoming lines
    Ian Pawson, Mar 19, 2007
  5. dmitri

    Jono Guest

    Ian Pawson formulated on Monday :
    > dmitri wrote:
    >> I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
    >> (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
    >> Which one does?

    > My linksys/sipura spa3000 passes clid for both bt and voip incoming lines

    As does mine.
    Jono, Mar 19, 2007
  6. dmitri

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 18:44:40 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Ian Pawson formulated on Monday :
    >> dmitri wrote:
    >>> I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
    >>> (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
    >>> Which one does?

    >> My linksys/sipura spa3000 passes clid for both bt and voip incoming lines

    >As does mine.

    And mine - on voip anyway - don't have a landline.
    When my cousin calls from OZ my phone even displays 'Unknown'.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 19, 2007
  7. dmitri

    Jono Guest

    Brian A expressed precisely :

    > When my cousin calls from OZ my phone even displays 'Unknown'.

    Erm, surely that's not a good thing.....
    Jono, Mar 19, 2007
  8. dmitri

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 19 Mar 2007 21:19:56 GMT, Jono <>
    wrote:

    >Brian A expressed precisely :
    >
    >> When my cousin calls from OZ my phone even displays 'Unknown'.

    >Erm, surely that's not a good thing.....

    Agreed, I do see your point. Just pointing out the range of display
    possibilities.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
    Brian A, Mar 20, 2007
  9. dmitri

    Herman Guest

    "dmitri" <> wrote in message news:p...
    >I found out that because of BT sends CID before first ring a lot of ATAs
    > (like mine VOIP GATEWAY 102) don't pass CID from PSTN/mobile to DECT.
    > Which one does?

    FritzBox apparently does (somebody from Voiptalk tested this for me and
    confirmed) but I have never tested it on a BT line.
    Herman, Mar 21, 2007